Preventing spam voicemail

Help! I'm on iOS, and getting quite a few spam calls, and voicemails. I'm more than happy to block all calls from numbers not in my contacts; and have used the do-not-disturb hack to acheive that. The only drawback, is that spam calls appear in my call history, and also they leave messages for me on my voicemail (which is a pain, as I have to call voicemail, listen to the spam, and delete).

Is there anyway to block calls from non-contact-list numbers, in such a way that unwanted calls do not appear in my call history, can cannot leave voicemail?

Thanks.

You can block the caller the standard iOS recent phone call menu or (preferably) install Truecaller from the App Store and keep its spam caller profile updated.

Let Truecaller do the hard work of screening out spam callers. Every time you receive a call from a number on the spam callers list, you’ll be notified and can choose to accept or ignore the call.

Edited by The Joker

Thanks mate.

Really just want to have it hang up any call from a spam number (or a not-in-my-contacts number), and not let it get through to leaving voicemail. Will Truecaller do that do you think?

Thanks mate.

Really just want to have it hang up any call from a spam number (or a not-in-my-contacts number), and not let it get through to leaving voicemail. Will Truecaller do that do you think?

How widespread is your mobile number?

I've had iOS for over 10 years now and am not troubled at all by spam, but am always very careful about who has my number.

Thanks mate.

Sorry, I don't know if it Truecaller will block callers from leaving voicemails.

Since I never use voicemail, I turned off the ability for my mobile number to put calls through to voicemail (this was done through my network provider)

Sorry, I don't know if it Truecaller will block callers from leaving voicemails.

Since I never use voicemail, I turned off the ability for my mobile number to put calls through to voicemail (this was done through my network provider)

That's it in a nutshell, don't subscribe to voicemail, if someone you want to hear from wants to contact you, they will keep trying and caller ID is all you really need for missed calls, imo. I find a cheap answering machine ($20 in my case) is the best bet if something really important could be pending and you can't stay home, plus you can turn it off when you like and/or access it remotely with no charges.

Edited by Ontarian1981