IT Support in the Loxley area

Good morning.

I'm thinking of starting a technical support service in the Loxley area and would be interested in knowing if there are any users that might be interested in such a service.

I'm a Microsoft Certified Professional with 4 years of technical support experience both professional and personal. My main areas of expertise are in Windows support, broadband and telecoms.

I'm currently not mobile so would prefer to keep things local but would be interested to know if anyone would have a use for a someone who can make home visits.

I also enjoy helping people who are looking for help using new devices or software. I can provide guidance for those that need it.

Email me for any queries: nicksmithy@outlook.com

Or alternatively, reply to this thread. I'm happy to help with most issues.

I have previously worked at Knowhow on Technical Support which encompasses most computer and TV queries. I have also previously worked at Plusnet providing technical support for broadband and telephone issues.

(I'm not sure if this post is in the wrong place, so move it or remove it as a mod may see fit)

Edited by Whyt Lindow

Most tech people on here cover pretty much all of Sheffield, tying yourself to one area will limit the work available imho!

I am quite aware of how limited my scope is haha. But until I have proper transport, I'm can't move around the other part of Sheffield as easily as I'd like.

I'll work with what I can for the moment.

If you like helping people with IT you could always sign up to help Age UK Sheffield Digital Champions?

It's currently once a month but we're working with other partners to provide home visits in the future.

There's no profit to be had in it though

If you like helping people with IT you could always sign up to help Age UK Sheffield Digital Champions?

It's currently once a month but we're working with other partners to provide home visits in the future.

There's no profit to be had in it though

Thanks louca, I would actually be interested in such an initiative. Working in technical support over the years has given me some interesting experiences with older users and value it holds for them to learn to use technology they're unfamiliar with.

Although as you say, it isn't profitable as it is volunteering. I do appreciate helping people with their IT woes.

How would I find information on the digital champions?