Fox & Duck Broomhill

Appears to be undergoing refurbishment. Well its totally empty at the moment for some reason.

Any info on what it is going to be like when re-opened? Or even if it is going to reopen

The landlords haven't renewed the tenancy of Little Critters brewery. So a new organisation will try and run it.

I liked Little Critters at The Fox and Duck but everytime I went in it was never full. CF The York two doors down who have reinvented themselves more as a pub that does food...they always seem to be rammed

Bermondsey Pub Company (i.e. Enterprise Inns managed). Can't see the beer being as good as Little Critters. I'd be surprised if they still allow people to take their own food in as well. I really wish someone would wrest that building away from EI. If I had the money I would!

The burgers there were decent and the beer was okay, but it just needed to be a bit better (plastic cutlery etc), especially when compared to the York just next door!

It's a shame and I hope it sorts itself out!

The landlords haven't renewed the tenancy of Little Critters brewery. So a new organisation will try and run it.

I liked Little Critters at The Fox and Duck but everytime I went in it was never full. CF The York two doors down who have reinvented themselves more as a pub that does food...they always seem to be rammed

Personally I think Little Critters on the whole have gone downhill since they lost their brewer to Kirkstall. They stopped being inventive (with the Chameleon series for example) and concentrated on mass producing the recipes the old brewer had left behind (which, if anyone knows the current brewer, is hardly surprising).

This means the standard beer range is more widely available and doesn't give enough reason to venture out to the Dox (or the Doctors either). And, now the footy season is over and the students are wending their way home, it's lost that market too. So no real surprise it has gone. Though it is a shame, as it used to be a regular port of call when I did that area.

Guest makapaka
Personally I think Little Critters on the whole have gone downhill since they lost their brewer to Kirkstall. They stopped being inventive (with the Chameleon series for example) and concentrated on mass producing the recipes the old brewer had left behind (which, if anyone knows the current brewer, is hardly surprising).

This means the standard beer range is more widely available and doesn't give enough reason to venture out to the Dox (or the Doctors either). And, now the footy season is over and the students are wending their way home, it's lost that market too. So no real surprise it has gone. Though it is a shame, as it used to be a regular port of call when I did that area.

The doctors orders is a great pub though isn’t it?

The doctors orders is a great pub though isn’t it?

Opinions vary

Has it reopened yet? Or if not then anyone know when it does?

I thought it was usually an OK option. I like the York but it's so food-focused that there's often nowhere to sit. The F&D is still a proper pub and I hope it stays that way. It could do with a scrub up but there wasn't much wrong with it in my view.

Guest makapaka

I thought it was usually an OK option. I like the York but it's so food-focused that there's often nowhere to sit. The F&D is still a proper pub and I hope it stays that way. It could do with a scrub up but there wasn't much wrong with it in my view.

Went past earlier and the outside looks great - massive improvement- hopefully the inside will be the same.

---------- Post added 30-05-2018 at 22:25 ----------

Went past earlier and the outside looks great - massive improvement- hopefully the inside will be the same.

Opens up towards the end of June, Friday 22nd I think.

I agree it does look better from the outside. That 'grey undercoat' look has become a cliche but it does often mean things inside have improved.

Who is going to be running it, anyone know?