Sheffield Forum
Your message here

Blades ownership update

Home > Sheffield > Sheffield Sport & Activities > Sheffield Football

Reply To Topic

17-03-2018, 12:22   #1
byeo

Total Posts: 2,578
Taken from another forum here are a few key points.

- The football club still jointly owned, opportunity to transfer to HRH in Feb was not taken forward and it is now in litigation.

- To do with personalities and lack of understanding on how to run the club.

ďI think McCabe and the HRH have disagreed on quite a few things but heís being diplomaticĒ.

- McCabe stressing must maintain the culture and heritage and not call fans customers.

- Relationship with the sheikh seems very strained, they talk but not much (McCabes own words) he thinks they will have a face to face sit down soon and sort out their differences.

- The dispute is about the property valuation & the Prince started the litigation.

- The takeover is a big if and not a when.

- Owners hope to sort out differences before next seasons preparations.

- McCabe and wilder think the way back to the premier league is to stick with British and Irish players and not go international, HRH disagrees.

- HRH hasnít generated any sponsors which is a disappointment think he promised to bring a few in.

- McCabe summing up....his task is to get the sheikh to understand Sheffield United.
_______
Beautiful Downtown Bramall Lane - Heart of the City
17-03-2018, 13:20   #2
SomeNextGuy

Total Posts: 656
McCabe thankfully has the club at heart. He's made plenty of mistakes, but he won't see us go the way of West Ham, or other clubs who've lost their identity due to owners with no understand of the club they've just bought. Some not so far from home.

I'm still unsure on the Prince, but clearly McCabe thinks there's hope. I hope it all gets sorted out soon.
17-03-2018, 13:22   #3
melthebell
*gets coat*

Total Posts: 58,988
Send a message via MSN to melthebell Send a message via Yahoo to melthebell
So prince longpockets HASNT delivered what you all expected?
_______
Does your wife know what your up to mel when your in your own little world?
17-03-2018, 13:26   #4
Longy67

Total Posts: 3,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by melthebell View Post
I personally never expected him to deliver anything, I still think to this day that the only reason he was brought in was to get tickets sales up with false promises...
_______
ONCE A BLADE, ALWAYS A BLADE...AND THAT WILL NEVER CHANGE.

I AM the voice of reason...
17-03-2018, 14:25   #5
speedy69

Total Posts: 5,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeNextGuy View Post
McCabe thankfully has the club at heart. He's made plenty of mistakes, but he won't see us go the way of West Ham, or other clubs who've lost their identity due to owners with no understand of the club they've just bought. Some not so far from home.

I'm still unsure on the Prince, but clearly McCabe thinks there's hope. I hope it all gets sorted out soon.
McCabe has got McCabe at heart!
_______
"So MASSIVE the Owls are the only club you can see from outer space"
17-03-2018, 14:27   #6
Naive

Total Posts: 766
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy69 View Post
McCabe has got McCabe at heart!
McCabe will get out, just as soon as he can get his £100 million back.

Thatís what all this is about.
18-03-2018, 12:22   #7
Ridgewalk

Total Posts: 2,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by melthebell View Post

What we ę* all expected*Ľ ? I think after 55 years as a Blade I think I can safely say that my ę* expectations*Ľ are always tempered. Not grandiosed like some supporters of some clubs

---------- Post added 18-03-2018 at 13:33 ----------

I think this is all about business people doing what business people do. Following threads on another website has given me a bit of information as to how all this works. Itís a world I know nothing about.

There is anxiety about what would happen if HRH took control of the club. Seems to be that McCabe and family want out but are wanting to safeguard the interests and future of the club, Kevin McCabe is now 70. We are more interesting to investors now by virtue of a half decent consolidation in our first year in th3 Championship, good level of fan support.

The Prince hasnít held an open forum with the fans in the way that McCabe has, so people are waiting to here what he has to say offer.

I also agree that having British and Irish players would be great as Wilder appears to want that, I believe as a fan itís easier to identify with home grown talent. Wilder doesnít want cliques to develop amongst the players. That said itís hard to envisage progress on the field without recruiting players from outside UK
22-03-2018, 17:38   #8
lobster

Total Posts: 843
Why is it nothing has yet appeared in our excuse for a local paper
22-03-2018, 23:10   #9
lobster

Total Posts: 843
McCabe just wants rid and has done for sometime time - it was allways all about property never football . He is obsessed with Man Utd
23-03-2018, 01:08   #10
staninoodle

Total Posts: 2,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobster View Post
McCabe just wants rid and has done for sometime time - it was allways all about property never football . He is obsessed with Man Utd
McCabes got a box at manure,mate has one 2 blocks down,does tuns of work for him,barely misses a game
_______
Plastic is the new carbon,were killing our oceans,soon all the life there will be extinct
If we dont work out a way to get the worlds population down below one billion this year,Next year may be cancelled!
24-03-2018, 16:43   #11
Starlc

Total Posts: 1,874
Ha ha ha, to you, to me, to me, to you ! 😂
24-03-2018, 19:17   #12
Bash Street

Total Posts: 55
That's unreal really. Fancy owning a football club and supporting someone else. Each to their own I suppose. I always thought he supported utd though.
24-03-2018, 21:28   #13
A.B.Yaffle

Total Posts: 3,238
I thought McCabe only spent a small amount of time in the UK each year. I also believe he is a Blade.
24-03-2018, 22:48   #14
Jim Hardie

Total Posts: 7,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bash Street View Post
That's unreal really. Fancy owning a football club and supporting someone else. Each to their own I suppose. I always thought he supported utd though.
Nobody said he supported Manchester United. He's a property developer. If he has a box at Old Trafford it's probably for entertaining clients that might not be quite as impressed with a trip to the lane and championship football.
24-03-2018, 23:26   #15
St Petre

Total Posts: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Hardie View Post
Nobody said he supported Manchester United. He's a property developer. If he has a box at Old Trafford it's probably for entertaining clients that might not be quite as impressed with a trip to the lane and championship football.
Jim, what about Leppings Lane ? There is a chip shop on there and some sort of Championship football within the vicinity.
24-03-2018, 23:58   #16
chalga

Total Posts: 6,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by St Petre View Post
Jim, what about Leppings Lane ? There is a chip shop on there and some sort of Championship football within the vicinity.
I can't see McCabe giving up his box at Old Trafford to meet clients there.
25-03-2018, 00:55   #17
staninoodle

Total Posts: 2,482
He tried to offload utd when they still had colin in charge,I did some work up in the north east during that one prem season they bleat on about,and he sent out a circular to prospective foreign investors
_______
Plastic is the new carbon,were killing our oceans,soon all the life there will be extinct
If we dont work out a way to get the worlds population down below one billion this year,Next year may be cancelled!
25-03-2018, 10:00   #18
chalga

Quote:
Originally Posted by staninoodle View Post
He tried to offload utd when they still had colin in charge,I did some work up in the north east during that one prem season they bleat on about,and he sent out a circular to prospective foreign investors

You mean the one Prem season that you still can't get back to?
26-03-2018, 10:25   #19
Sheridan1-0

Total Posts: 2,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalga View Post
You mean the one Prem season that you still can't get back to?
What about that one season in the lowest level of English football that we'll never do,?
26-03-2018, 10:54   #20
chalga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan1-0 View Post
What about that one season in the lowest level of English football that we'll never do,?
Never say never.
Reply To Topic