Little London Road/Queens Road Traffic Control

Anyone who commutes on Little London Road/Queens Road in a morning will probably be familiar with the failure of the Traffic Control on a regular basis (around once a month) which causes delays.

I have tried reporting this a number of times to Sheffield Council.

They don't really want to know if you contact them direct (to traffic.control@sheffield.gov.uk)

The problem I have though is that on the Sheffield City Council website there is a section to allow you to report traffic problems such as lights, traffic lights, lit bollards etc. Only there doesn't appear to be an option to report the traffic control system itself.

My question is, am I missing something - is there an option to report the system failing, and where is it?

I sent this question to Sheffield council a while back. And got no response.

Thanks.

The overhead gantries with the illuminated white arrows and red crosses that change during the day to alter lane usage.

It's supposed to allow more flow into the city in the morning, and more out at night.

It fails sometimes and leaves one lane empty, causing queues/tailbacks and delays at busy times.

The overhead gantries with the illuminated white arrows and red crosses that change during the day to alter lane usage.

It's supposed to allow more flow into the city in the morning, and more out at night.

It fails sometimes and leaves one lane empty, causing queues/tailbacks and delays at busy times.

Ah, I see, thanks.

Anyone who commutes on Little London Road/Queens Road in a morning will probably be familiar with the failure of the Traffic Control on a regular basis (around once a month) which causes delays.

I have tried reporting this a number of times to Sheffield Council.

They don't really want to know if you contact them direct (to traffic.control@sheffield.gov.uk)

The problem I have though is that on the Sheffield City Council website there is a section to allow you to report traffic problems such as lights, traffic lights, lit bollards etc. Only there doesn't appear to be an option to report the traffic control system itself.

My question is, am I missing something - is there an option to report the system failing, and where is it?

I sent this question to Sheffield council a while back. And got no response.

Thanks.

Call 2734567. It's maintained by Amey on the Streets Ahead project. All Traffic Control could do is pass it to Amey, so you may as well report it directly. On the website, just use the same method as reporting traffic signal faluts. It's a traffic signal installation.

Call 2734567. It's maintained by Amey on the Streets Ahead project. All Traffic Control could do is pass it to Amey, so you may as well report it directly. On the website, just use the same method as reporting traffic signal faluts. It's a traffic signal installation.

The problem with the website though is that there is no option to select that item - but you have to select something to log an issue (try it). If you select something different but close such as a streetlight or a traffic light, then the issue is ignored as that item isn't a fault. But you have to select something.

The bottom line here is that I first reported this as being a failing system about 15 years ago. At that time you could email direct. I was given the old 'we are planning on making some improvements to this system as it is old and this may or may not get upgraded'. But nothing was ever promised. As such it never did get upgraded. So I kept reporting failings via email. Eventually I gave up years ago as nothing was being done. But it has now failed three times in the last 3 weeks, and each time makes me 10 minutes later to work - which isn't much but it's still a pain. The council know it's an issue yet still won't commit to upgrading after years and years of failure. So I want to start reporting it again and keeping a log of when it does get reported so later on people can't 'deny' knowing there was a long standing on going problem.

So, is there an email address I can email that will go through and be responded to (traffic.control@Sheffield.gov.uk is just ignored).

Edited by F. Sidebottom

I reported the ones on West Street that control Rockingham Street as faulty. Had an acknowledgement, then nothing. Chased it up - nothing.

Unless the light bulbs are blown, they don't seem to care I don't think.

The problem with the website though is that there is no option to select that item - but you have to select something to log an issue (try it). If you select something different but close such as a streetlight or a traffic light, then the issue is ignored as that item isn't a fault. But you have to select something.

The bottom line here is that I first reported this as being a failing system about 15 years ago. At that time you could email direct. I was given the old 'we are planning on making some improvements to this system as it is old and this may or may not get upgraded'. But nothing was ever promised. As such it never did get upgraded. So I kept reporting failings via email. Eventually I gave up years ago as nothing was being done. But it has now failed three times in the last 3 weeks, and each time makes me 10 minutes later to work - which isn't much but it's still a pain. The council know it's an issue yet still won't commit to upgrading after years and years of failure. So I want to start reporting it again and keeping a log of when it does get reported so later on people can't 'deny' knowing there was a long standing on going problem.

So, is there an email address I can email that will go through and be responded to (traffic.control@Sheffield.gov.uk is just ignored).

But how many times a week do you actually drive from Timperley to Heeley?

I believe the gantrys are going to be removed this year in favour of normal signals, islands and normal lanes

I believe the gantrys are going to be removed this year in favour of normal signals, islands and normal lanes

Really? That's a shame - I've always thought that the tidal flow has been a definite success for Sheffield's traffic management.

Contact a councillor. The road is London Road little London road is the one at side of lidle.

In other words they are going to make things worse for no reason?