Open drug dealing on the streets

People are always moaning about folk openly dealing drugs on the streets of Sheffield but I have lived here 35 years and never seen this happen. Just where are these places where dealers hang around in full view and blatantly deal drugs? Surely if it really happened these folk wouldnt be selling for long before they got arrested / mugged?

I saw a man and woman do a deal outside bookies near me last month.

Edited by Total Chaos

There are places where it is so blatent it's laughable, & I can't really see any of them getting mugged to be honest or arrested as the police are fully aware of it and just drive past.

I can see from my window two places where drugs are openly dealt, and am within a two min walk of another well known place. The police have been informed on numerous occasions by myself, and many others but it still happens.

For about a year or so they were doing it between castle market and the top of the road where the Canon pub used to be.

Quite amusing really as it was right outside the police station/magistrates court.

is this your way of saying i would like to buy some drugs, but i dont know where to go to get them?

is this your way of saying i would like to buy some drugs, but i dont know where to go to get them?

Most certainly not! If these exact locations are publicised-

A-Dealers are going to be a bit more paranoid about dealing there

B-The police might just drive by occasionally if they have nothing better to do like fining otherwise law abiding citizens for minor misdemeanors.

Lets have some exact locations :suspect:

B-The police might just drive by occasionally if they have nothing better to do like fining otherwise law abiding citizens for minor misdemeanors.

Not worth nabbing them,just for them to get a slap on the wrist.The police will want the bigger fish eg there suppliers.If they get them,then the dealers will have to find someone else to buy from.This will be a lot more difficult than the dealers just having there stuff taken off them.

While there's probably still a few drug gangs hanging around on street corners it's a different world now. It's all arrangements made over mobile phones and sales over the internet. Have a read: http://www.devl.biz/thedebate/post/2012/06/01/The-Online-Drug-Trade%E2%80%93A-Technological-Shift-in-Supply.aspx

People are always moaning about folk openly dealing drugs on the streets of Sheffield but I have lived here 35 years and never seen this happen. Just where are these places where dealers hang around in full view and blatantly deal drugs? Surely if it really happened these folk wouldnt be selling for long before they got arrested / mugged?

It's got to happen somewhere, hasn't it?

Not worth nabbing them,just for them to get a slap on the wrist.The police will want the bigger fish eg there suppliers.If they get them,then the dealers will have to find someone else to buy from.This will be a lot more difficult than the dealers just having there stuff taken off them.

Still doesn't stop the problem though. The illegal drug trade is vertually indestructable.

saw i happening in meadowhall near to Argos, reported it to security and the guy was detained until the police arrived.