How bad are Sheffield bus drivers?

I have lived here a while now and I've worked all over the country but I have never seen such poor bus drivers anywhere.

They constantly run red lights and they block junctions all over the city centre. I ran my wife to the station this morning and I saw 3 near misses because of bus drivers running rred lights.

I called stage coach to report the incident and they showed no intrest whatsover.

Does anyone else find this?

Edited by Sheffnewb

You saw 3 buses jumping red lights, this morning alone? And they were all Stagecoach vehicles? Were they going through on the red, or just on amber?

I'm not saying I don't believe you, but that you're exaggerating for dramatic effect. I've never noticed it myself.

Yes 3 one at park square round about, 1 at the train station turning near leadmill and then one on the bus lane at the wicker.

Why would I make it up? It's not that interesting it just happens all the time and I have not see it to the same degree elswhere.

Edited by Sheffnewb

I have lived here a while now and I've worked all over the country but I have never seen such poor bus drivers anywhere.

They constantly run red lights and tehy block junctions all over the city centre. I ran my wife to the station this morning and I saw 3 near misses because of bus drivers running rred lights.

I calle stage coach to report the incident and they showed no intrest whatsover.

yes i find it all the time alongwith just pulling up anywhere sometimes 45 degrees to the kerb cos they cant be bothered to straighten up or pullinto the stop properly, holding up traffic behind whilst they load the passengers, pulling out without signalling, far too easy to get a PSV licence nowadays, and before anyone says anythin i have a PSV & HGV class 1 from years ago so i do know what i am on about

Have you ever been on a bus that has pulled up sharp at lights?

Some stops out there are not even proper stops with no room to pull in.

If they can squize last second through the lights they wil even when it looks like it is red.

Sheffield is not england, the country, it is an individual place in england were people have developed their own culture and way of social interpretation.

Start comparing it with rest of england and you never get anywhere because they wil never be like southerners or a liverpool in sheffield.

I must admit busdriver habits are unique in sheffield, nothing wrong with it.

I was thinking that I have not seen this, so paid attention to the lights on my journey to town on the 52! JEEZ! I should have remained ignorant. The bus ran the lights in Broomhill, and again on university roundabout!

At least I got to town fast :hihi:

They constantly run red lights and tehy block junctions all over the city centre. I ran my wife to the station this morning and I saw 3 near misses because of bus drivers running rred lights.

I calle stage coach to report the incident and they showed no intrest whatsover.

well i'm a good bus driver as many others are. shall we start a thread about how bad car drivers are in sheffield compared to other parts of the country, they seem worse here than anywhere else or is it just easier to start a bus driver bashing thread:roll:

Have you ever been on a bus that has pulled up sharp at lights?

Yes and had it not been for the window I could have ended up on the road.

I was taught to expect to stop at lights and roundabouts but the tendency for most motorists is to drive with the intention of doing the exact opposite.

Mod Note

Off topic posts removed.

I wrote a letter of compliments to Stagecoach a couple of weeks ago. Our driver was a really nice guy and started my night off on a great note. :thumbsup: to #43 bus driver.

I wrote a letter of compliments to Stagecoach a couple of weeks ago. Our driver was a really nice guy and started my night off on a great note. :thumbsup: to #43 bus driver.

you can't say that on here, all bus drivers are bad in sheffield afterall:)