Off Licence Chesterfield Road

What do you guys think about a new 24 hour off licence opening on chesterfield road up where the threashers used to be.

What do you guys think about a new 24 hour off licence opening on chesterfield road up where the threashers used to be.

I'm curious...............are you opening it,or is it in direct competition with a shop you have an interest in?

im intrested in opening it... hopefully putting a licence application in within the next few weeks

Theres already a 24 hour Spar near there, so can't see it changing too much, hopefully it'll be a bit cheaper :D

are you refering to the spar up at meadowhead near the audi garage... if so then thats pretty far up

I'll lay money on local residents opposing it.

The Spar I mean is on the corner of Abbey Lane, near the Natwest bank and Abbey pub. Can't think exactly where the Thresher was to be honest but don't think it was much further down the road

How does licensing work then? I can see that Spar now is about a 5 minute walk from the shop you're looking at. Would an already established 24 hour shop in the area be an advantage when it comes to applying to open another, or would it put you at disadvantage?

I can't see any reason for it at all but no doubt it will happen.

I agree, no need to sell booze 24/7.

I'd oppose it, as I don't live too far away.

The bargain booze didn't last that long, I know it wasn't 24/7 but doesn't seem to be a call for cheap booze around there.

Whenever anyone mentions Threshers, I always think of Marsha in Spaced: "I'm just going out to Threshers to do the weekly shopping."

I don't blame them.