Arrested for accepting drink on flight to Dubai

I believe it was an Emirates flight. I can't understand it, I've been on this flight to Dubai a few times and always been offered an alcoholic drink or two, (which I've happily accepted,) and never had any trouble at all.

So what's going on?

What's going on is thst (as usual) the clickbait headlines are whipping up a furore. Aided and abetted by a member of the public who lives their life through social media.

Looking beyond the headlines, she's been stopped because her visa isn't in order. She's thrown a strop so they've got stroppy in return and used the alcohol reading as reason to back up their position.

Probably over the top, but it's not just that she's had a drink and been arrested on landing. Half the passengers would have had to be detained if that was the case.

What's going on is thst (as usual) the clickbait headlines are whipping up a furore. Aided and abetted by a member of the public who lives their life through social media.

Looking beyond the headlines, she's been stopped because her visa isn't in order. She's thrown a strop so they've got stroppy in return and used the alcohol reading as reason to back up their position.

Probably over the top, but it's not just that she's had a drink and been arrested on landing. Half the passengers would have had to be detained if that was the case.

Apparently she also videoed the immigration officials questioning her, people need to think about what they are doing. What you can get away with here you cannot always get away with in another country especially one like Dubai.

Edited by iansheff

Another angle to the story...

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=12105572

Verbal abuse of an official? Refusal to comply with instructions? Breaking rules of filming an official in a secured area? Causing a scene?

She can whine and moan that it was all about the alcohol, i aint so sure. Either way the authorities have taken a PR savvy decision and she is released and back now.

Maybe Dr Entitment-Syndrome will learn a lesson from this.... Or maybe she will keep playing victim and get a few more ££££ from the papers.

Edited by ECCOnoob

Too right about the media. I once saw an article on the front page of one rag about a man who had been attacked by a seagull trying to get his chips. It stated the seagull sank its claws into his wrist.

But why offer complimentary wine if your destination country and owner of the airline deems it illegal?

If Dubai are so precious about alcohol laws why aren't they punishing the state owned airline....seems like a scam to me.

Or did she kick off about being refused entry and refuse to leave - which then leaves the cops with arresting her for a seperate valid issue to get her off the concourse.

Tries to use an expired Swedish Passport, then pulls out an Iranian one?

And claiming she's blown over £30K on legal fees and forced to close her dental surgery?

Edited by alchresearch