How to save money?

20% now 50% then. Stealth tax doesn't come anywhere near making up the difference.

Not according to this.

http://home.bt.com/lifestyle/money/mortgages-bills/do-you-know-how-much-tax-you-are-actually-paying-11364066050252

"...Our real tax rate is likely to be anything uo to 48% of our total income..."

Edited by Anna B

That's not quite what you said thought is it..

That article says total tax taking into account so called 'stealth tax' is highest for Giles, who is the highest earner (£60,000 a year). For Dave, on £20,000, the total tax rate including the stealth tax is still only 27%.

Are you saying these stealth taxes should be cut so as to benefit higher earners?

Edited by nikki-red

That's not quite what you said thought is it..

That article says total tax taking into account so called 'stealth tax' is highest for Giles, who is the highest earner (£60,000 a year). For Dave, on £20,000, the total tax rate including the stealth tax is still only 27%.

Are you saying these stealth taxes should be cut so as to benefit higher earners?

I want Giles et al to pay just what they owe like I do.

As you know from other threads, my real beef is with big Corporations, like Amazon, amassing fortunes bigger than the national debt by not paying their fair share thanks to dubious accounting and morally bankrupt practices.

All that is happening now is that we who disposed of them properly are paying for those who didn't.

I used to reuse them as binliners. All Clegg has achieved is that now I use actual binliners which means even more plastic being dumped because they are bigger than Carrier bags.

I don't really see how he could have been that bothered about the environment either because what he should have done is banned them altogether and go with the system I have found when we have shopped in America where you get paper bags. I don't think the supermarkets are bothered about the environment either because they are always trying to sell me one even when I have already got one in my hand.

---------- Post added 03-08-2018 at 10:34 ----------

Too right.

THe kind of total ecological collapse that we are about to experience will not be stopped by banning plastic bags. Its a farse. If people really knew what was about to happen, no one would be getting in their car to drive anywhere.

Gosh, I only asked what ways people saved money!!!! Then it gets political!!!!

Gosh, I only asked what ways people saved money!!!! Then it gets political!!!!

I suppose, because at least in my case, it was government policy that forced us to save.

THe kind of total ecological collapse that we are about to experience will not be stopped by banning plastic bags. Its a farse. If people really knew what was about to happen, no one would be getting in their car to drive anywhere.

Aye we are all doomed, doomed I tell ye.

Angel1.

Aye we are all doomed, doomed I tell ye.

Angel1.

Don't panic. Don't panic.

Is it a secret that just you and a few lizard people know about, or can you share it with us all?