Home > Sheffield > Sheffield Sport & Activities > Sheffield Football

Reply To Topic

09-08-2018, 18:21   #121
petcharlie

Total Posts: 1,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjker View Post
It hasn't happened.
Thats a shame.Looks like Duffy will be sat on the bench again.

Last edited by petcharlie; 09-08-2018 at 18:22. Reason: adding extra
09-08-2018, 18:34   #122
atticus

Total Posts: 1,823
On his 2 performances this season he wouldn't have been missed.Scores the odd screamer but contributes little else to the game.
09-08-2018, 19:16   #123
melthebell
*gets coat*

Total Posts: 58,984
Send a message via MSN to melthebell Send a message via Yahoo to melthebell
Quote:
Originally Posted by petcharlie View Post
Wigan are splashing the cash.Looks like the big city of Sheffield are not entering into the spirit of transfer dead line day and leaving all the spending to the Mighty Wigans of this world.The Board at Sheff 2 must be satisfied with the performances at the Blades .

I think Sharp and Clarke will still be leading the line in 2030 .The Blades spent along time getting out of league one But watching the other clubs buying good quality players I think without investment and showing no ambition (again) the board can not wait to get back.
I did say last season, you do need to spend a bit, you need to look up with players, not down.
I also said last season you excelled and needed a little bit of a push, you didnt.
I also said it might be harder next (this) season so last season was your best chance (early days mind but so far so not good)
_______
Does your wife know what your up to mel when your in your own little world?
09-08-2018, 21:29   #124
jjjker

Total Posts: 138
Quote:
Thats a shame.Looks like Duffy will be sat on the bench again.
Deal may be back on a loan to purchase.
10-08-2018, 13:42   #125
petcharlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjker View Post
Deal may be back on a loan to purchase.
Thanks for the up date can not say we will miss him.Wilder has just been on and said he hopes to have two new players in by Monday .Who could that be then.

---------- Post added 14-08-2018 at 13:01 ----------

It looks like Wilder is still trying to land Hogan.Would be a good signing if he comes on loan .It will give us a chance to take a look at him before parting with a hefty wedge,thats if the Blades would part with a big fee.Villa paid around 11 or 12 million for him so they will be hoping to get most of it back.He has had a few issues with fitness I am led to believe so having him on loan would be wise before we part with a big fee.Having these players on loan before you buy is very clever on C W part.we can see if they fit before parting with the cash.Wilder is a smart cookie doing business this way and to think that some had started to question him ,we should have known to trust him.

---------- Post added 21-08-2018 at 12:17 ----------

Quote:
Thanks for the up date can not say we will miss him.Wilder has just been on and said he hopes to have two new players in by Monday .Who could that be then.

---------- Post added 14-08-2018 at 13:01 ----------

It looks like Wilder is still trying to land Hogan.Would be a good signing if he comes on loan .It will give us a chance to take a look at him before parting with a hefty wedge,thats if the Blades would part with a big fee.Villa paid around 11 or 12 million for him so they will be hoping to get most of it back.He has had a few issues with fitness I am led to believe so having him on loan would be wise before we part with a big fee.Having these players on loan before you buy is very clever on C W part.we can see if they fit before parting with the cash.Wilder is a smart cookie doing business this way and to think that some had started to question him ,we should have known to trust him.
Having time to read about Hogan and with hindsight also listening to some Villa fans i am having some doubts about Hogan.Paying a whopping 35 grand a week to some one who comes already injured is a big risk.We signed Ched when he was injured and we have yet to see him play fully fit and he has been here for months.At 35 grand a week it is 20 grand to much for a crock.

---------- Post added 23-08-2018 at 13:08 ----------

Sounds like a number of deals involving other clubs including Prem clubs need to be completed before the Blades can push forward with plans for new signings which surely would involve a much needed goal scorer.The Boro winger that Wilder was eyeing up looks to be history after Pulis said no more players would be leaving in this window.Also Villa seem in no hurry to ship out Hogan if they fail to land their targets.Bearing in mind that Hogan is still on the treatment table and has been for a while paying his 35 grand a week may be a risk to much.
Wilder still has plenty of money to spend (in United's terms) with the sale of our main asset to the South Coast also Evans along with other bits and bobs.We seem to have mugged Brighton for Norwood which I feel will turn out to be a master stroke.Plus we landed I feel a good center back but most Blades think a striker is a must so taking in to account the problems that are mounting up regarding much publicised targets maybe C.W. should look elsewhere .
29-08-2018, 11:52   #126
petcharlie

Southampton are said to be open to offers from the Championship to loan out Shane Long who is fully fit and played only last week .Always thought he was a decent player and a goal scorer but he is 31 years old but a good player.Could he be a better option than a injured Hogan?No doubt C.W. will do the right thing.
29-08-2018, 18:21   #127
Ridgewalk

Total Posts: 2,329
Quote:
Southampton are said to be open to offers from the Championship to loan out Shane Long who is fully fit and played only last week .Always thought he was a decent player and a goal scorer but he is 31 years old but a good player.Could he be a better option than a injured Hogan?No doubt C.W. will do the right thing.
u

Hope so, although recruitment in January didnít go too well.
31-08-2018, 10:25   #128
SomeNextGuy

Total Posts: 656
Conor Washington set to sign.
31-08-2018, 12:09   #129
blackydog

Total Posts: 1,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeNextGuy View Post
Conor Washington set to sign.
signed confirmed - free transfer
_______
Blackydog - United supporting pile of poo.
31-08-2018, 18:25   #130
lien1

Total Posts: 557
Donít know much about him is he a winger or striker as Iím sure he was on the wing for qpr?
31-08-2018, 20:36   #131
SomeNextGuy

Marvin Johnson confirmed too.
31-08-2018, 22:22   #132
Mooks

Total Posts: 823
Quote:
Marvin Johnson confirmed too.
Should do well for ye wish ye well guys for the season..
01-09-2018, 08:03   #133
pintor

Total Posts: 600
Ryan Leonard joins Millwall, initial loan deal, then will become their record transfer in January. Good bit of business by CW,. Caolan Lavery gone to Bury on season long loan too
01-09-2018, 08:29   #134
blackydog

Total Posts: 1,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooks View Post
Should do well for ye wish ye well guys for the season..
That's not what a lot of your fans are saying...
_______
Blackydog - United supporting pile of poo.
01-09-2018, 08:49   #135
Ridgewalk

Total Posts: 2,329
New recruits this season, Henderson, Norwood, Egan, Woodbury, all excellent, Connor, Marvin Johnson, Kean Bryan, fingers crossed.

Out. Holmes, Evans, Leonard, Lavery, Carruthers, possibly otherís canít remember.

Happy with that

Some fans concerned weíve let Leonard go prematurely
01-09-2018, 11:58   #136
Mooks

Total Posts: 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackydog View Post
That's not what a lot of your fans are saying...
Think he was peed off with lack of match time wasnt brilliant but a good player as backup .
01-09-2018, 11:58   #137
petcharlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgewalk View Post
New recruits this season, Henderson, Norwood, Egan, Woodbury, all excellent, Connor, Marvin Johnson, Kean Bryan, fingers crossed.

Out. Holmes, Evans, Leonard, Lavery, Carruthers, possibly otherís canít remember.

Happy with that

I think letting Leonard go for a profit was sound .Steady player but nothing exciting and could free up a place for Coutsie .What a good mid field Fleck Norwood Coutts Duffy.
02-09-2018, 07:40   #138
Robbie Loving
Fat McLovin

Total Posts: 16,514
Send a message via MSN to Robbie Loving
Quote:

Happy with that

If Coutts hadn't been ready to come back, I may have agreed.
But Leonard wasn't going to get much game time now.

Oh and you forgot Brooks out
_______
It's just like watching the Blades :)
02-09-2018, 08:46   #139
SomeNextGuy

Quote:

Happy with that

Good window.

Norwood is sheer quality. How many of us imagined that Coutts would have to fight for his place in the side? Our midfield really is brilliant, one of the very best in the division.

Egan is looking very solid, looks to be a real enforcer, and can play a bit too. We've missed that type of player. We're a real threat in the air again now, with Norwood's balls in, with Egan and JOC in the box.

Henderson is quickly becoming a a fans favourite, he's won us points already and looks like he's loving it here.

Woodburn has looked poor when he's played, but I still think he'll have an impact this season.

Bryan, Washington, Johnson and Cranie all strengthen our squad.
02-09-2018, 11:17   #140
petcharlie

Quote:
Good window.

Norwood is sheer quality. How many of us imagined that Coutts would have to fight for his place in the side? Our midfield really is brilliant, one of the very best in the division.

Egan is looking very solid, looks to be a real enforcer, and can play a bit too. We've missed that type of player. We're a real threat in the air again now, with Norwood's balls in, with Egan and JOC in the box.

Henderson is quickly becoming a a fans favourite, he's won us points already and looks like he's loving it here.

Woodburn has looked poor when he's played, but I still think he'll have an impact this season.

Bryan, Washington, Johnson and Cranie all strengthen our squad.
After yesterdays performance I find it hard to think where these guys are going to get in the team.Can not think who could make way for any of them to be honest.I wonder what they thought when they were watching from the stands.I do not want to get carried away I have watched the Blades since the early sixties and I know we can follow up a performance like that with a horror show but i do think we have the best manager in the football league.Not since John Harris have we had a manager who can pick up no hopers and turn them in to top class performers for such little cash.They made Villas super stars look like Sunday league players.Only good managers can get modest players and turn them into a very good team after paying little money for them .Must be so much easier when you can write out big cheques and buy who ever you want but we witnessed yesterday that big money can also buy you rubbish .To think Wilder has a team who can match anyone in this league for very little outlay speaks volumes about the man.
Reply To Topic