Music Thread (with videos)

Gibson or Fender

Gibson or Fender

I know the names of the guitars but not being a guitarist I had to look up which was which. I think, personally, the young lady playing the Fender has it because of that unique 'raunchy' rock sound, whereas the Gibson is a 'smoking jacket' affair - if you get my d'riff't! :D

---------- Post added 10-05-2018 at 20:54 ----------

the conquest of paradise

Ahh! Vangelis! I got into his music as a teenager watching a series with Horses in it and the music was 'Pulstar'. I went on to buy a few albums of his, and one of my favourite albums of his is "China" of which

is the title track.

I asked a Chinese Malay friend of mine what Chung Kuo means and roughly translated it means "the Kingdom (Kuo) of China (Chung)".

Remember it was used in the documentary about the Chinese Terracotta Army - which may be what led me to buy the album - well worth a listen. ;)

Edited by swarfendor43

I know the names of the guitars but not being a guitarist I had to look up which was which. I think, personally, the young lady playing the Fender has it because of that unique 'raunchy' rock sound, whereas the Gibson is a 'smoking jacket' affair - if you get my d'riff't! :D

---------- Post added 10-05-2018 at 20:54 ----------

Ahh! Vangelis! I got into his music as a teenager watching a series with Horses in it and the music was 'Pulstar'. I went on to buy a few albums of his, and one of my favourite albums of his is "China" of which

is the title track.

I asked a Chinese Malay friend of mine what Chung Kuo means and roughly translated it means "the Kingdom (Kuo) of China (Chung)".

Remember it was used in the documentary about the Chinese Terracotta Army - which may be what led me to buy the album - well worth a listen. ;)

I love Vangelis and one of my favourite albums is Themes. Blade Runner the film and soundtrack had a profound affect on me as a teen. Interesting to know the translation.

I love Vangelis and one of my favourite albums is Themes. Blade Runner the film and soundtrack had a profound affect on me as a teen. Interesting to know the translation.

I also have the collaboration albums he did with Jon Anderson (Jon & Vangelis) and 'State of Independence' on 'Friends of Mr Cairo' had a great 12" vinyl cover version by Donna Summer which I think I prefer - brilliantly produced by Quincy Jones.

Edited by swarfendor43

I also have the collaboration albums he did with Jon Anderson (Jon & Vangelis) and 'State of Independence' on 'Friends of Mr Cairo' had a great 12" vinyl cover version by Donna Summer which I think I prefer - brilliantly produced by Quincy Jones.

Oh lucky you! Yep love Jon and Vangelis and the Donna Summer State of Independence too.

I shall have a look, thanks.

Un Sospiro.

Edited by petemcewan

I play this in my boat when I'm sailing on the North Sea.

Become Ocean

Edited by petemcewan