Upper Heeley WMC does anyone recall it ?

Does anyone remember the Upper Heeley Working Mans Club ?

There's a huge thread on WMCs somewhere on here, UHWMC is mentioned on it.

There is now a nursing home, on the junction of Gleadless Road and Cat Lane, where the club used to be.

(whereabouts in Perth, WA are you, tourist? I have an uncle close by there, in Kalamunda)

There's a huge thread on WMCs somewhere on here, UHWMC is mentioned on it.

There is now a nursing home, on the junction of Gleadless Road and Cat Lane, where the club used to be.

(whereabouts in Perth, WA are you, tourist? I have an uncle close by there, in Kalamunda)

Your uncle is in the hills, east of Perth, i am in the northern Suburbs about 1 hour from him. Have you been to Perth . Where do you live ?????

Not been to Perth, no. I would like to go, but as I am a "flying-o-phobic" (lol ;) ) I doubt I'd manage a 24/28 -odd hour flight over to Australia. (I'm freaked out at the idea of a 2-hour flight to the continent, a trip to Barcelona, which I'd like to do next year. I reckon I will need serious counselling! lol

I'm still in sunny Sheffield-on-sea (lol) I'm in Nether Edge/Sharrow, just by Psalter Lane (If you can remember your Sheffield geography?)

Does anyone remember the Upper Heeley Working Mans Club ?

I remember the Upper Heeley WMC

I lived on Fitzroy Road just down the road from the club and me and my brother Alan use to go on the club trips every year. My father was a life member of the club, and also use to sing on the clubs in the 50's. Don't no if you know but the site of the club is now a senior citizens home, but Cat Lane is still there.

I remember the Upper Heeley WMC

I lived on Fitzroy Road just down the road from the club and me and my brother Alan use to go on the club trips every year. My father was a life member of the club, and also use to sing on the clubs in the 50's. Don't no if you know but the site of the club is now a senior citizens home, but Cat Lane is still there.

I seem to remember mentioning the nursing home in post #2

As said in another post,my Mum worked there in the early 70s & my Dad was a member.

I was a member what seems like centuries ago, in the 70's.

As kids in the early 60's we used to go on the seaside trips, 7/6 spending money, and sandwiches I think, seemed like a fortune :thumbsup:

i should remember it i got engaged there new years eve packed to the rafters 1982 i saw chubby brown there £3 to get in wot a good club

my grandad played billiards for the club, only man to win the marshal cup 3 times.

My huband and I saw Jerry Dorsey there before he became Englebert Humperdinck. No one paid any attention to him as it was Bingo night. I remember that we had to get someone to sign us in as we were not members, my husband is TT and my limit was one shandy !!!!.

i should remember it i got engaged there new years eve packed to the rafters 1982 i saw chubby brown there £3 to get in wot a good club

I also saw Chubby Brown there on a saturday afternoon in the early/mid eighties, what a cracking afternoon that was. No-one wanted to leave in the end.