Anywhere to source electronic components locally now?

With Bardwells gone a few years back, and Maplins more recently, is there anywhere left that you can purchace electronic components from?

Im talking things like resistors, diodes and capacitors etc...

Edited by Ghozer

Unfortunately though I can't tell you which ones supply electrical components, and which ones are just general electrical suppliers. Sorry :huh:

Thanks, I had already done that, and already knew of those - they are all "electrical" with regards to Sockets, Switches, Fuse boxes, Light pendants etc..

Nothing locally I'm afraid.

If its just a few components needed such as resistors then I may be able to help. I ended up ordering from eBay but had to order in the 10s and 100s so I ended up with spare stock.

I don't know of anywhere that sells individual components - it's just not economically worthwhile to process the sale for three resistors and a capacitor unless you massively overcharge for the components.

Pimoroni on Mary Street allow you to order online and collect but they have a very few sets of components.

There's Hobby Components in Chesterfield who have a wider selection of sets and also do the order online and collect thing.

Most people just buy collections of a variety of components and use them as needed.

The issue is I can't drive, so travelling out to else where isn't really an option...

I only need 3 capacitors, and don't OFTEN need components, to buying in bulk or a collection and "using as needed" isn't really an option...

I also, cannot wait 3 weeks to order from ebay!! :/

What caps you after ? Have you tried nova on attercliffe ?

Edited by alarmingmark

What caps you after ? Have you tried nova on attercliffe ?

I have asked there in the past, and they said they don't sell components like that..

I need 1x 2700µF @16v

and 2x 1000µF @ 16v

Will have a look at work on Monday all the capacitors I've got at home are 25v rated

I have asked there in the past, and they said they don't sell components like that..

I need 1x 2700µF @16v

and 2x 1000µF @ 16v

I've got 2 x 1000uF 25v

and a 2200uF 25v, or 4700uF 16v

If you want to contact me and pass me an address I can pop them in the post Monday. If the forum shuts down as is proposed I'm still available on chesterfieldonline.org I'm 'Fly', the admin/mod lol :)

---------- Post added 17-11-2018 at 18:04 ----------

Will have a look at work on Monday all the capacitors I've got at home are 25v rated

Isn't the voltage the max rating, so if you need a 16v, a 25v is fine. Just not vice versa?

It may be a physical size issue if the old one is a tight fit ! Same as you I've got 1000 uf and 2200 uf in 25v

Edited by alarmingmark