How can I stop random people editing listing on google business?

On my goolge business (shows up on google maps), it seems anyone can come along and edit the phone number (and presumably other detials); is there a way to stop this?

Do you own the listing? I believe you can take ownership and I assume this would mean any changes would go through you as the owner. I'm not 100% sure though and I'm not sure what google do to verify you are the legitimate owner.

I quite often suggest edits as there are so many mistakes on there especially when it comes to opening times for various businesses.

Do you own the listing? I believe you can take ownership and I assume this would mean any changes would go through you as the owner. I'm not 100% sure though and I'm not sure what google do to verify you are the legitimate owner.

I quite often suggest edits as there are so many mistakes on there especially when it comes to opening times for various businesses.

After setting up your own account and listing Google will send you a code to the business address to verify ownership, the code as to be used within a set period of time so that your advert can be activated.

We have a Google Business listing and i can't believe anything can be changed by anyone other than the registered owner. As probedb says you have to claim the listing and until you have done this it is uneditable. To claim it create yourself a Google Account, and hen when the listign is shown there is a button that says something like "claim this listing". if it doesn't say it then someone has already claimed it

I have claimed the business, and it's linked to my google account. The 'business' is actually a club though, and we meet weekly in a pub, so I don't have access to any post sent to the pub (I'm only taking care of web stuff for the club). Not sure if any post was sent to the pub relating to ownership verification etc.

I've done something in the settings online, that will hopefully auto reject any changes made to the business, but have tried making changes while signed in to a different google account, and looks like it's allowed the changes...

Is 'the business' the pub though? because you don't own the pub so you can't take ownership of that listing.

Is 'the business' the pub though? because you don't own the pub so you can't take ownership of that listing.

No. It's nothing to do with the pub, we just use it as a venue. There is probably a seperate listing in google business / google maps for the pub, under the name of the pub.