Save the planet by becoming a vegan.

If we all became Vegans/vegetarians would it help save the planet?

No. An appalling number of superfluous animals would die as being unnecessary; happy about that?

No. An appalling number of superfluous animals would die as being unnecessary; happy about that?

I am sure it would be a very gradual process, not everyone would stop eating meat at the same time.

It should be something that people think about.

For 15yrs I was a vegetarian. It didn't really suit me-I was probably doing it wrong.

I tried Macrobiotics-umeboshi plumbs and all that. During the whole period my asthma got worse, my eyes hurt me all the time (lack of vit B2 ) . When I gave it up and started eating meat again, I started to get better and feel stronger. There's no way I would go back to being a veggie.

I'm not so sure that there's credible scientific evidence that a vegetarian or vegan diet is healthier for you than a diet that includes meat.

Edited by petemcewan

NO ! the planet is doomed already, unless we act now..

I was eating a vegetarian diet for 15 years.

No one has said abstaining from meat totally is good for you, its because there are too many of us and we are killing the planet.

I might try and go veggie for a few days, I will need to think about it, and see what I will eat.

I am not a big meat eater, but I do eat for convenience.

Not eating pies will be a big deal, not eating meat, mon-fri could be my goal.

I was eating a vegetarian diet for 15 years. It didn't really suit me-I was probably doing it wrong.

I tried Macrobiotics-umeboshi plumbs and all that. During the whole period my asthma got worse, my eyes hurt me all the time (lack of vit B2 ) . When I gave it up and started eating meat again, I started to get better and feel stronger. There's no way I would go back to being a veggie.

I'm not so sure that there's credible scientific evidence that a vegetarian/or vegan diet is healthier for you; than a diet that includes meat.

That's why we have teeth, to chew our meyt.

I have no problem with the veggie vegan eaters, provided they keep their ideas to fellow thinkers. I don't want a veggie telling me what or not to eat.

Anngel1.

That's why we have teeth, to chew our meyt.

I have no problem with the veggie vegan eaters, provided they keep their ideas to fellow thinkers. I don't want a veggie telling me what or not to eat.

We all make our own choices, but those choices are influenced by our culture and the media.

We eat much more meat than in my childhood, because we are much richer. Do you read the information about the massive loss in biodiversity and climate change, and do nothing?

https://www.independent.co.uk/environment/meat-eating-climate-change-vegetarian-vegan-global-warming-diet-farming-a8578251.html

Having kids is far far worse for the environment than eating meat......

We all make our own choices, but those choices are influenced by our culture and the media.

We eat much more meat than in my childhood, because we are much richer. Do you read the information about the massive loss in biodiversity and climate change, and do nothing?

https://www.independent.co.uk/environment/meat-eating-climate-change-vegetarian-vegan-global-warming-diet-farming-a8578251.html

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

Angel1.

Having kids is far far worse for the environment than eating meat......

I don’t eat meat and am definitely not having children so I’m definitely doing my bit for the planet ?

No way would i stop eating meat .