Mojave (Apple update)

........anyone got experience of Apples new update Mojave yet?

I was completely underwhelmed by the new features.

I installed it on me real Mac fifteen minutes after it was officially released, it took about 30 minutes to install, then it took about ten minutes before I was fed up of dark mode and went back to normal mode.

If you like working in the dark, then by all means stick with dark mode.

Mojave runs all my apps that ran on Sierra and High Sierra so no compatibility problems yet.

It did break my Hackintosh though, so I’ll spend my weekend reinstalling High Sierra on that :D

It did break my Hackintosh though, so I’ll spend my weekend reinstalling High Sierra on that :D

I was thinking of trying it a mine. Looking on the usual sites, people have had mixed rates of success. Trying to read between the lines it was the clean installs that worked.

........yeh!.think I'll wait awhile!

I was thinking of trying it a mine. Looking on the usual sites, people have had mixed rates of success. Trying to read between the lines it was the clean installs that worked.

Confirmed from my Mojave Hackintosh :)

Confirmed from my Mojave Hackintosh :)

Thanks.

I might go for a different build this time. I have a 4th gen i7 and a 750Ti etc. I think I'll have to go on the hunt for a motherboard though. Or buy a giant magnifying glass to put the 3 pins right in the old one.

so I’ve been running Mojave for a week or two and Dark mode is slowly growing on me. It’s worth trying if you have a high resolution monitor or two like on me Hack.

On me official MacBook with relatively low-res screen, it’s not the same experience.

Given that all me apps still work as before, I can’t help think that Mojave was a relatively minor update that was simply intended to purge support for older Macs :|

so I’ve been running Mojave for a week or two and Dark mode is slowly growing on me. It’s worth trying if you have a high resolution monitor or two like on me Hack.

On me official MacBook with relatively low-res screen, it’s not the same experience.

Given that all me apps still work as before, I can’t help think that Mojave was a relatively minor update that was simply intended to purge support for older Macs :|

.....Mmmm, interesting!..might give it a try.

Should I install it on my MacBook Pro Retina ???? Are there any advantages ?? Or do I just ignore it....................

Should I install it on my MacBook Pro Retina ???? Are there any advantages ?? Or do I just ignore it....................

Absolutely yes, yes you should install it.

In fact I strongly recommend anybody with a suitable Mac upgrade to Mojave immediately, just to lord it over the peasants with their 2009 Core 2 Duo Macs. Or even those with their more powerful 2011 Core i7s.

If Stevie J were still alive, it’s what he’d want.

Have installed Mojave, its working very well. Its also sorted out one or two issues I was having with OUTLOOK. Thanks The Joker.