Veritas 8 Compact house alarm

Hi,

I have a Veritas 8 Compact house alarm, and I would like to permanently disable one of the zones, so that I do not have to do it every night. I have the engineers code.

Regards.

---------- Post added 08-11-2018 at 17:23 ----------

I want to disable zone 2, which is in my hall. I live in a bungalow. I would appreciate which numbers to press, step by step.

Make the zone off in part , then at night press part instead of full , eng code , prog , 51 , zone number you want off in part , prog , reset , reset

Do I need to do this every night. What I want to do is disable the zone permanently, so at night I only need to press the "Full" button which alarms the system. I need the hall to not be alarmed during the night, and I do not want to have to go through the omit zone routine every night. I hope that this makes sense. I am an elderly person.

Zone 2, which is the zone I want to disable.

So just press code and part at night ( it may make a quieter clicking noise ) this is normal for part set or it may be silent ( all depends on how it has been programmed )

Would it not be easier to remove the detector permenantly for that area.

If its a safety concern could it be repositioned.

Unfortunately I don't know layout of the property , what devices are fitted , how it's been programmed ect....ect ... but it looks as if it's been set up for hall off in part set so why change it ?

I think its for ease and convenience if i understand the op.

They want to simply press set and that zone remain inactive.

Which i think is what you described in #2. But they press PART and not FULL iirc.

I rang the local company who fitted the system, and he went through the routine over the phone. He told me to enter the engineers code, then 51. He then went through a couple of numbers, I think 21 and 12. The result is that when I leave the house, I press the Full button to alarm the system. At night, I only need to press the PART button, no code needed. As you previously stated, this makes a quiet clicking sound. Zone 2 is then omitted. I would like to thank you all for your help and advice.

Regards.

Edited by Greenveg
spelling