David Cameron is considering returning to frontline politics

Turning into a Brexit argument again!

Only reason I can think he's thinking of coming back is to secure the future Peerage or that his rich wife has cut back on his allowance? Anyway, someone's going to have to give up a safe seat.

He could take the House of Lords route....Anyway he has since ruled himself out.

I liked the fact that Ted Heath stayed as an MP after he was PM, probably to annoy Thatcher :cool:

He could take the House of Lords route....Anyway he has since ruled himself out.

I liked the fact that Ted Heath stayed as an MP after he was PM, probably to annoy Thatcher :cool:

The length of time that has passed, suggests John Major has also ruled out a Peerage.

You're missing the point.

You can't claim that the people voted to leave when less than 40% of the electorate did so.

Nonsense. The fact is leave won the democratic EU referendum vote, which happened when David Cameron was the UK Prime Minister.

Well I suppose it makes a change from having to return to the pub...

To pick your kid up.

Well I suppose it makes a change from having to return to the pub...

To pick your kid up.

Good old Dodgy Dave.

Less than 38% voted to remain?

You seem to be missing the point too.

The original poster said that the people had voted to leave the EU which I'm saying is a nonsense because neither leave nor remain could convince even 40% of the electorate to support their position.

At best, the result of the referendum was inconclusive which is why we don't need a second referendum, simply a government that will put the national interest first and cancel the whole thing on the grounds that something as deeply damaging to the UK as this can only be done with the support of the people.

We already have a Brexit thread so back on topic.

Good old Dodgy Dave.

Can you name a 'dodgy' Tory that you would prefer, if not Dave?

Okay so you think people are blaming the Conservatives for what happened when the Labour party were the ruling party.

and then of course there is the sub prime mortgage issue in America, sure this had something to do with the economic crash and misfortune we are suffering - :huh:

They do say that because of recent unfairness in our voting system that PR is becoming more popular; but in the referendum there were only two options.

The only problem with giving people more options now, is that it would create more uncertainty, again.

I will personally remember David Cameron for stitching up the Liberal Democrats and the AV vote. He was progressive when it suited him with legalising gay marriage, but not progressive when it came to the best interests of the country and PR.

Absolutely.

I believe he got the Lib Dems to drop their pledge to abolish student fees in exchange for the PR vote, then switched the PR vote to a vote for AV which no-one understood or wanted. So he managed to stitch them up twice. A very duplicitous person indeed is David Cameron, not to be trusted.

Can you name a 'dodgy' Tory that you would prefer, if not Dave?

The list is endless!