Chapeltown Tap House & Gin Bar

The new Beer & Gin place in the arches looks good and seems busy! Anybody been? Reviews?:)

I went in Sunday afternoon. Got to say i was really impressed. So long as people understand and appreciate that it is a micropub, i think that it will do well and be a good addition to the quality pubs of Chapeltown e.g. The Commercial.

Been in a couple of times. It's OK, although I have to say that The Commercial is better for beer and gin ranges!

If you like Tap & Brew in Hoyland you'll like the Chap Tap. Wish them well going forward.

I think they have done a good job. It's a really nice place.

However, they need to do better with the beer range. This is not me being a beer snob. It's just that when I went in they had almost EXACTLY the same range of beer available at the Wetherspoons opposite for a quid a pint less. Who also have a better gin range. So whilst it will inevitably be busy with people checking it out when new, I think it may be in danger if it doesn't differentiate itself going forward. And would hate to see it close as it does give a reason to go to Chapeltown...

Not been in yet, but looks busy on the evenings I have driven past. Hopefully they can take on board ideas above and stay busy and succesful.

I've heard the old HSBC is also going to be a bar downstairs, so it will be interesting times and hopefully the bars / pubs in Chapeltown are on the up again.

---------- Post added 08-10-2018 at 16:15 ----------

We went in Saturday and it was very busy. They've done it up nicely with a bit of industrial / rail theme. Old wooden cable drum tables. etc

I'm not a gin drinker or expert, but they seemed to have a few on, and lots of the women seemed to be drinking them.

They had about 6 hand pulled beers on, and prices were ok.

If it stays like like they should do well hopefully.

I think they have done a good job. It's a really nice place.

However, they need to do better with the beer range. This is not me being a beer snob. It's just that when I went in they had almost EXACTLY the same range of beer available at the Wetherspoons opposite for a quid a pint less. Who also have a better gin range. So whilst it will inevitably be busy with people checking it out when new, I think it may be in danger if it doesn't differentiate itself going forward. And would hate to see it close as it does give a reason to go to Chapeltown...

That's the general opinion you keep hearing. And it's hard to dispute it when you go in and find one golden ale, 3 brown ales and a stout, and none of which is from the local breweries whose beer I want to drink most. If they start to push the boat out a bit when buying in beer, maybe I would visit more often.