Sheffield United women

Beat Aston Villa ladies 4-1 on Sunday. Seems to be a familiar score 4-1 against Villa :hihi:

Play at the second level of women’s football in’England

Yeah, it was a bottom of the table clash. Villa are poor. The restructure of the Women`s Super League and Championship (as it`s imaginatively called this season) is rather shambolic and short-sighted. This time last year, Blades were playing Sporting Khalsa, Long Eaton and TNS, and had a totally different set of players. :confused::rant:

Yeah, it was a bottom of the table clash. Villa are poor. The restructure of the Women`s Super League and Championship (as it`s imaginatively called this season) is rather shambolic and short-sighted. This time last year, Blades were playing Sporting Khalsa, Long Eaton and TNS, and had a totally different set of players. :confused::rant:

I suppose the games still trying to establish itself. I’d become a regular if their games are on sunday.

I suppose the games still trying to establish itself. I’d become a regular if their games are on sunday.

Kind of but the FA haven`t helped. SUWFC have been promoted 2 divisions without earning it in the traditional way. The games are almost always on a Sunday but this was the first one at Bramall Lane. It was good to see a big crowd in attendance though.

We`ve watched Sheffield Club Ladies for a few seasons and the standard is good but they were relegated despite finishing 5th for the past two seasons. Unfortunately. it`s all about the money and trying to mirror the men`s game. The majority of teams are from the South-East!

Kind of but the FA haven`t helped. SUWFC have been promoted 2 divisions without earning it in the traditional way. The games are almost always on a Sunday but this was the first one at Bramall Lane. It was good to see a big crowd in attendance though.

We`ve watched Sheffield Club Ladies for a few seasons and the standard is good but they were relegated despite finishing 5th for the past two seasons. Unfortunately. it`s all about the money and trying to mirror the men`s game. The majority of teams are from the South-East!

I have noticed that looking at the league tables, very south eastern centric.

It is baffling to me how clubs such as Sheffield WFC and Doncaster Belles are seen by the FA.

I’ve also noticed that no other Women’s/Ladies clubs play on their parent clubs professional ground so full marks to SUFC for the use of Bramall Lane.

The diversity of the crowd was encouraging.

On another note the four or five Villa fans making all the noise was annoying and a bit weird actually

I have noticed that looking at the league tables, very south eastern centric.

It is baffling to me how clubs such as Sheffield WFC and Doncaster Belles are seen by the FA.

I’ve also noticed that no other Women’s/Ladies clubs play on their parent clubs professional ground so full marks to SUFC for the use of Bramall Lane.

The diversity of the crowd was encouraging.

On another note the four or five Villa fans making all the noise was annoying and a bit weird actually

Yep. The FA are a joke. I heard that the crowd was quite diverse which is a positive change but using Bramall Lane is just temporary because SUWFC haven`t got their ground at Olympic Legacy Park sorted yet. Be interesting how many travel over to Attercliffe to watch. And yes, the Villa fans are `different`!

Sheffield Club ladies beat Stoke 2-0 yesterday, which was the Potters` first defeat. Great game fwiw!