Tim West and Prunella Scales.

Just watched Tim and Prunella on the Nile, what a beautiful and relaxing programme, and what a lovely couple they are.

Just watched Tim and Prunella on the Nile, what a beautiful and relaxing programme, and what a lovely couple they are.

My friends daughter worked in the restaurant at the Crucible Theatre in the late 80s, Tim and Prunella came into the restaurant. He was in a play there, not sure if Prunella was in the play with him. I remember my friends daughter saying how lovely he was, and she got a good tip off him.

I agree. A lovely programme.

I find the way the couple deal with Pru's ill health particularly uplifting, and it shows that dementia is not necessarily the end of the world if approached in the right way and with a positive attitude. By living in the moment, she really does still seem to be enjoying life, in spite of it.

I know of course that each case is different and this couple are lucky to have certain opportunities not given to all, (and no doubt the programme is carefully edited,) but even so, I think it is enlightening and rather wonderful to watch how they deal with it. Love shines through every frame. I think it gives people hope of what might be possible.

I work as a volunteer lock-keeper on the Llangollen canal and I've met several boaters who have met them and they confirm that, they are indeed, a lovely couple. Some say that its being surrounded by so many cameramen that causes Timothy to steer into unseen obstacles from time to time. One couple claim to have met them by a lockside pub and had a glass of wine with them.

Is this the thread for people posting about Tim West and Prunella Scales and saying how lovely they are?

*glances at previous posts*

Yep, I'm in the right place alright.

Lovely.

Its a wonderful show, but it gets sadder each episode.

I was really impressed with her retention of Italian in last night's show.

She is so wonderful in Fawlty Towers. The occasional time you just catch her twitching slightly as she struggles to keep a straight face makes it all the more wonderful. Bless.

Another lovely episode (Lancaster Canal) last night, but its getting sadder and sadder.

I'm an old softie I know but I wish he'd put his arm around her now & then!

I'm an old softie I know but I wish he'd put his arm around her now & then!

Lovely post pintor :thumbsup:

I'm sure he does - maybe in private and off camera.

Maybe they are not a 'touchy feely' couple.

Edited by Daven