Adverts that annoy..

Has anyone got any ads past or present that they find particularly annoying? Any reason.

My current gripe is the Tetley tea ad where the invading alien asks if he detects a hint of darjeeling only to be told it's assam. Annoys the hell out of me that the people who commissioned the ad couldn't be bothered to pay enough attention to their own products to make it technically believable. Those two teas are at such opposite ends of the taste spectrum that no-one who saw fit to comment would ever get them even remotely mixed up.

Might as well have said 'do I detect a hint of Glenlivet single malt?' 'No, that's horlicks you can taste, you plum!'

Ahh, that's better.

Hehehe. That's true.

I detest most ads except the "Every home needs a Harvey" ads with the sweet Jack Russell.

I particularly want to take an Uzi to the "Brian the robot" insurance ad character. Those really annoy me.

Me & wife always loved the roller skating babies for Evian I think it was, I hate the gocompare adverts

The latest Apple advert with that dreadful song about chicken fat is really getting on my nerves at the moment.

That annoying safestyle one with that prat who screams, ya buy one! Ya get one free, I said ya but one ya get one free.

Yet you still sit before a TV ? :huh:

You bring it upon yourselves to be honest. Bin it. :)

Any adverts that talk down to you like you're some sort of brain dead moron.

The best adverts used to be for alcohol and cigarettes, some of those were really clever and funny, but they got banned. These days I do like the radio adverts for Tom Tom.

Regards

Doom

Edited by Doom

Halifax bank singers.

Halifax Bank. :rant:

Don't like most of them but the one at the moment which I think is really bad is the Bold two in one ad where the teenager is sitting on the settee saying "I need some money for my phone" no please or thank you then sulkily says "I'll do some chores then" For some reason I think that ad is awful