Attercliffe Non Pot's

Trekker, were you at Jonas and Colvers in the early sixties? My dad worked there until he died in 1964

As quoted by fuddyduddy. I think it was the Attercliffe Radical Club which sold papers etc in the yard

I have it on good authority that this was the Attercliffe Rads Club on Roundel Street, just off Staniforth Road.

http://img42.photobucket.com/albums/v130/wharncliffe/Rads_001.jpg

http://img42.photobucket.com/albums/v130/wharncliffe/Rads_007.jpg

What a sorry sight it is now.

Only went in the Rads once but a former steward there came to Firth Park club as steward when I was a regular there. Name of Stan...but I can't for the life of me remember his surname, unless it was Fletcher.

Pietro....how do I get to view your albums ? Looks to be an interesting site

As quoted by Greybeard. Pietro....how do I get to view your albums ? Looks to be an interesting site

Greybeard, the photos are my own personal photos stored online. THe majority are taken as I travel around Shefffield (when I'm supposed to be working).

For any ex-pats out there , if there are any photos you want of Sheffield (present day), send me a PM and I will see what I can find and If I don't have it I will take it for you.[

I'm amazed by the photo's..what a state the club is in now.

How many other clubs have gone in the last 40 years, what about the Hillsboro clubs, The Social club, the La Plata, The Ozzie Owl.

Originally posted by Timbuck

I'm amazed by the photo's..what a state the club is in now.

How many other clubs have gone in the last 40 years, what about the Hillsboro clubs, The Social club, the La Plata, The Ozzie Owl.

Hillsborough WMC's still going strong and hasn't changed much in the last 40 odd years. I used to go there as a kid 'cos my mum and dad could take me in as opposed to a regular pub where they could'nt.

They had a dodgy set of bingo tickets one night, and everyone in the club shouted "house" when the number 59 came out.

Oh, how we laughed!

You forgot Hillfoot wmc Timbuck, or would that be classed as Neepsend ?