The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

Yep, all about surrounding yourself with "Yes men". That's why Corbyn's shadow cabinet are all his pals. Who in their right mind would make Diane Abbot Home Secretary?

Yep, all about surrounding yourself with "Yes men". That's why Corbyn's shadow cabinet are all his pals. Who in their right mind would make Diane Abbot Home Secretary?

She'd actually make a good Home Secretary, especially at the moment.

now I know your joking :hihi:

When she dresses like this https://youtu.be/Tn2dIeAme1Y, how can you take her seriously?

Edited by phil752

Anyone who thinks Corbyn, Abbott, McDonnell and Watson are fit to run this country are quite simply:loopy:

That's got to be a joke, it's people like her and Corbyn that make are making the 'right' so popular with the working class, some of you leftists are so narrow minded it's untrue, if that lot ever run this country it's doomed :rolleyes:

What nonsense.

Who gets to decide what is 'relevant life experience'? :suspect:

So, in your opinion, relevant experience for a top job is 'nonsense'? What are strange comment for such critical roles.

So, in your opinion, relevant experience for a top job is 'nonsense'? What are strange comment for such critical roles.

but what counts as relvant experience?

but what counts as relvant experience?

If you understand the words 'relevant' and 'experience' you'll be able to piece it together. If you go for an interview, may I suggest you don't ask that question? :)

If you understand the words 'relevant' and 'experience' you'll be able to piece it together. If you go for an interview, may I suggest you don't ask that question? :)

so you dont know either then...

so you dont know either then...

Yes I do. I'll help with some examples:

Minister for education. Should have worked in education in a teaching and leadership role.

Minister for health. Should have worked in the nhs in a care role and in management.

All ministers should have worked in roles requiring management of large teams and large budgets.

That type of thing. University followed by a role in the Party, isn't adequate IMO.

Funny how forum Tories are so dismissive of Diane Abbott, but have said nothing about Karen Bradley, the clueless Northern Ireland minister who said:

"I freely admit that when I started this job, I didn’t understand some of the deep-seated and deep-rooted issues that there are in Northern Ireland," she told the magazine.

“I didn’t understand things like when elections are fought for example in Northern Ireland, people who are nationalists don’t vote for unionist parties and vice-versa. "

:help:

Funny how forum Tories are so dismissive of Diane Abbott, but have said nothing about Karen Bradley, the clueless Northern Ireland minister who said:

"I freely admit that when I started this job, I didn’t understand some of the deep-seated and deep-rooted issues that there are in Northern Ireland," she told the magazine.

“I didn’t understand things like when elections are fought for example in Northern Ireland, people who are nationalists don’t vote for unionist parties and vice-versa. "

:help:

Exactly the reason they should have relevant experience.