Wilder still has faith in ched

Chris’s wilder still has ched Evans in his plans ,can’t get my head round this one at all ? My opinion he’s nowhere near good enough now for the championship

Edited by lien1

Based on his performances last season, which were very few to be fair, I agree that he didn't look like he could compete at this level.

However, I don't see anything wrong with giving him a little bit more time to see if he can regain full fitness and see what that brings? He has been out of the game for nigh on 5 years and he's struggled to be free of injury since he joined us. Oddly enough, I thought he was starting to show some glimpses of past ability just before he went for his op last season.

It's not like he's on massive wages and costing us a fortune is it? It's a speculative one this. If he can get somewhere near to where he was at his peak then we've got one hell of a good player for next to nothing.

My honest opinion is that it's too late and he will never be the same player again. But, if I was Wilder I'd do exactly the same - he's had his op now several months ago - he needs playing in someone's first team, if not our own, to see if he can stand up to the strain of playing regular football for one, and also to see if he can get back to near to what he was.

This coming season is Ched's last chance to make it back at United, and possibly his last chance to make it back in the game at any level. I wouldn't deny him that opportunity personally.

But how much more time is required we’re getting rid of players now who are fitter and better been out of the game far too long never be the same

Again no other player anywhere would be still be on the books

Pfft, whatever. He’s got one season left with us, he’ll have to step up or he’s gone and it’ll most definitely be L1 if not L2. As much as I wanted it to work for him, it’s not and he’s been all but stealing a wage, albeit small.

Needs to buck up if he’s going to cut it at Championship level. Hope so for the lads sake.

Massive gamble by the blades that hasn't paid off, he wasn't good enough for the championship last time and isn't now!

Massive gamble by the blades that hasn't paid off, he wasn't good enough for the championship last time and isn't now!

Here endeth the lesson

Wouldn’t exactly describe it as a «* massive gamble*» You can only use the word in a certain context

Edited by Ridgewalk

Can you explain why this was a massive gamble?, didn't cost a great deal and not on huge wages.

Everyone keeps saying cheds not on big wages ,who knows what he’s on he will be on a good wage not sure but did ched cost us over 2 million when he first came ?

Can you explain why this was a massive gamble?, didn't cost a great deal and not on huge wages.

A massive gamble Grapps for the bad publicity it got, who knows what they are paying him, it wont be brass buttons though!

I don't think he was ever fully fit last season so it's a little unfair to judge him on the few appearances he made. I'm sure he was asked to play using painkillers when we had no other options.

If he goes out on loan and gets as many games as possible before Christmas then I hope he can come back almost like a new signing.

I put this on another 'Ched thread' in January, and it is still valid. Older now, and hopefully getting another one of the pre seasons his supporters seem to think he needs. Time will tell I guess, but I sincerely hope that he either gets fit and does a job, or moves on this year. It's high time this saga ended one way or another. CW is making it known in the press that he wants another two front men before we get cracking again. That puts CE further back in the pecking order, as he will be signing people who are right 'at it' and suit our style of play.

"I'm as big a Blade as any, but the re-signing of Ched Evans certainly left more questions than answers in my opinion. I'm not sure that we would have signed anyone else who hadn't been in the game for years, and whose admittedly best days, were some six years ago, in a lower league. United have really moved on since then, and we are now playing at a higher pace, pressing hard against better, fitter and faster players. Ched has been largely injured since he went to Chesterfield, and although he showed some serious effort against us at the Proact for twenty minutes, I've seen nothing yet to convince me that he will bring anything more to the team than what we have right now. Someone else has posted that his presence is good for morale - well, we have CW and AK with a bevy of sports professionals and a psychologist on board to deal with that. Ched will, and should only be judged on being paid to score goals. I hope it happens for him and the Blades, but time is ticking on, and I'm not holding my breath."