The Owls in Europe ,Majic times.

Who in Sheffields togga folk law will ever forget the wonderful times around 1962 when our Owls created Sheffield togga history by playing in Europe.

They played Lyon in the first round and beat them 7-6 over two legs scoring five of those goals at Owlerton.

Next up was the mighty Roma who our Owls absolutaly pasted 4-0 in front of a full crowd at home ,losing 1-0 away.

That match ended with the Roma crowd and team going on a full blooded riot and our brave lads from Sheffield just managed to escape with their lives intact.

So 4-1 to the local lads from Hillsbro.

Next up was the biggest team in the World Barcelona ,[i helped to clean the snow of the pitch for that one ] We licked them 3-1 with goals from Dobson.Young and my pal John Fantham.

The second leg was in front of 90,000 people at the New Camp stadium in Barcelona [rolls of your tongue dun't it Barcelbleedinona:hihi:]

Any way we lost 2-0 ,due to a bias referee so that was that,But what proud days for Sheffield it was 50;000 crowds at Owlerton ,plus the World togga community enthrailed by our home grown team .

They did us proud din't they.

Where did it all go wrong?

Come on Cuttsie get the grey matter organised , it were 3-2 we won Viilaverde and Evaristo scored for them,lost 2nd leg 2-0, and we rarely had 50,000 crowds. We don,t have to exaggerate to get one over S2, We know we are better.

Edited by ALAN 58

Come on Cuttsie get the grey matter organised , it were 3-2 we won Viilaverde and Evaristo scored for them,lost 2nd leg 2-0, and we rarely had 50,000 crowds. We don,t have to exaggerate to get one over S2, We know we are better.

He must have gone home after clearing the snow off the pitch.:hihi::hihi:.

Along with the other 21,000 the attendance at the game was just under 29,000.

Edited by bobcob

We played Roma in front of a full house at Owlerton [50,000].

As to United who has mentioned them ? until you that is;)

Owlerton has had 50,000 crowds , but rarely for games where we were involved we rarely had 40,000 all we have had is better support that at S2 is my point i make.

come on dont be unfair, our little brothers wont want to hear all this

Owlerton has had 50,000 crowds , but rarely for games where we were involved we rarely had 40,000 all we have had is better support that at S2 is my point i make.

Wednesday had one league game over 50,000 that season against Sheffield United.

They had 65,000 in the FA cup against Manchester United which makes me wonder why there was under 29,000 for the Barcelona game.

Their average for that season was about 28,000.

He must have gone home after clearing the snow off the pitch.:hihi::hihi:.

Along with the other 21,000 the attendance at the game was just under 29,000.

They had 65,000 in the FA cup against Manchester United which makes me wonder why there was under 29,000 for the Barcelona game.

Maybe the weather was a factor?

Are tha A Wednesday ite or not if so shur up:hihi:

---------- Post added 25-06-2015 at 17:46 ----------

come on dont be unfair, our little brothers wont want to hear all this

Its nowt to do wi them some daft dog brought them into it trying to change the thread ,its not on.

Maybe the weather was a factor?

The home crowds fluctuated massively that season from 18,000 to 50,000.

Who in Sheffields togga folk law will ever forget the wonderful times around 1962 when our Owls created Sheffield togga history by playing in Europe.

They played Lyon in the first round and beat them 7-6 over two legs scoring five of those goals at Owlerton.

Next up was the mighty Roma who our Owls absolutaly pasted 4-0 in front of a full crowd at home ,losing 1-0 away.

That match ended with the Roma crowd and team going on a full blooded riot and our brave lads from Sheffield just managed to escape with their lives intact.

So 4-1 to the local lads from Hillsbro.

Next up was the biggest team in the World Barcelona ,[i helped to clean the snow of the pitch for that one ] We licked them 3-1 with goals from Dobson.Young and my pal John Fantham.

The second leg was in front of 90,000 people at the New Camp stadium in Barcelona [rolls of your tongue dun't it Barcelbleedinona:hihi:]

Any way we lost 2-0 ,due to a bias referee so that was that,But what proud days for Sheffield it was 50;000 crowds at Owlerton ,plus the World togga community enthrailed by our home grown team .

They did us proud din't they.

Just before my time Cutsie but fortunate enough to see us enter Europe again in the 90s.