Ronnie O`Sullivan

I remember a snooker commentator saying that he has suffered with depression....Not that I'm making any excuses.

I thought it was well documented that he suffers with depression.

I've never really warmed to him as a person but I just hope he decides for himself what to do with the rest of his life and is happy with that choice.

I agree with this comment.

He changes his mind regularly whether he will retire or whether he will continue to play.

Yes he's an excellent player, but he's not bigger than the game - even though he seems to believe he is judging by his behaviour or what he has said.

I don't believe he does,I think he just knows he's good.

But even if he did,who can blame him?

When you have got world champions telling him he is the most naturally talented player ever.I wonder how many times a day he gets these sort of comments?

This years snooker to me has been terrible,I have watched a couple of the tournaments,but soon lost interest.

Ken Doherty made an interesting point the other day about how many different tournament winners there was this year,but added if Ronnie had been playing,this would not have been the case.

And I think I can believe that.

I don't know why,but a lot of the great players of this era,have had a shocking season,and players that were laughed at 10+ years ago,are doing well this season.

I don't believe he does,I think he just knows he's good.

But even if he did,who can blame him?

When you have got world champions telling him he is the most naturally talented player ever.I wonder how many times a day he gets these sort of comments?

This years snooker to me has been terrible,I have watched a couple of the tournaments,but soon lost interest.

Ken Doherty made an interesting point the other day about how many different tournament winners there was this year,but added if Ronnie had been playing,this would not have been the case.

And I think I can believe that.

I don't know why,but a lot of the great players of this era,have had a shocking season,and players that were laughed at 10+ years ago,are doing well this season.

Yes I can understand that in circumstances where everyone is telling him he's the most talented player ever, anybody's ego would be inflated.

On the point of why so many of the top players are doing badly this season, I think that has something to do with how many tournaments there are now & how they have to keep playing to keep their ranking up.

Ironically Ronnie Sullivan does look the most fresh in the World Championships because he's just taken a year out.

Yes I can understand that in circumstances where everyone is telling him he's the most talented player ever, anybody's ego would be inflated.

On the point of why so many of the top players are doing badly this season, I think that has something to do with how many tournaments there are now & how they have to keep playing to keep their ranking up.

Ironically Ronnie Sullivan does look the most fresh in the World Championships because he's just taken a year out.

I agree,there seems to be too many tournaments.I blame money man Hearn.The quality on show this year has been poor overall in my opinion.

I have just watched the Walden game,positioning of the white in this session have been really poor.This isn't Semi final quality,and I wouldn't fancy any of them in final.

Just watching snooker this morning and they are talking about a warning ronnie o'sullivan received off the referee yesterday for a rude gesture ronnie made. What was it, I never saw anything. Anybody know what happened?

Ronnie seems to have got his love of the game back at the moment,which is good to see.

4 nil up with 3 century breaks in less than an hour.

A master of the sport and should have been up for Sports Personality of the Year.

Ronnie seems to have got his love of the game back at the moment,which is good to see.

4 nil up with 3 century breaks in less than an hour.

A master of the sport and should have been up for Sports Personality of the Year.

I hope he has another World Title in his locker, he deserves it.

hes out and now surprise suprise making excuses for it

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/42736819

He was playing the best snooker I've ever seen in the previous match. Post match interview, he did say he felt terrible (coming down with something) during that game.