Learner lorry drivers using newly resurfaced roads

Your comma key is damaged, that is the problem.

Your comma key is damaged, that is the problem.

GROW UP. Judging by the amount of posts you have contributed over the years,,,,,,,, you obviously are short of something to do . Get a life, and stop being so "SMART" ,which you aren't .................................

GROW UP. Judging by the amount of posts you have contributed over the years,,,,,,,, you obviously are short of something to do . Get a life, and stop being so "SMART" ,which you aren't .................................

And you've barely posted in the five years you've been a member but have attacked several posters over the past couple of days.

I'd better keep quiet then :hihi: Thinking of making a comeback though, does that count?

Love people who complain about lorries useing roads. How do they think everything they buy gets to shops, how do they think post is transported, how fuel gets to petrol station that they fill there car up with. Or is it all brought by magic unicorns?

As for learner hgv most driving schools use roads that are part of designated test routes which will be non restricted to hgv's

Love people who complain about lorries useing roads. How do they think everything they buy gets to shops, how do they think post is transported, how fuel gets to petrol station that they fill there car up with. Or is it all brought by magic unicorns?

Lol, yes but what about these learner drivers' sheer audacity in using newly resurfaced roads? :o

I learn't to drive a HGV on the road network when I did my test back in 2006. They don't have special roads for HGV learner drivers to learn on you know! :hihi:

I took a HGV course for Class 1 in 1972 with a small company at the bottom of Staniforth Rd in four hour sessions...the normal roads in and around Sheffield/Rotherham were used while i was training....for any other procedures..reversing,uncoupling/coupling trailers up,sharp braking/turning etc a large area of unused/derelict land would be used....probably none about now....the HGV test centre was at Handsworth... Orgreave Way/Drive...i was taken out onto the roads around Sheff/Roth...just the same as car drivers are and the reversing test etc was done at the centre, it lasted around two hours in all.

Yep..me too,if ever lorry drivers went on strike it would bring the country to an abrupt halt

I vaguely remember that Norton airfield was used for all types of learner drivers, considerably safer and room enough for them all to get road wise.

The problem is ,,,,, country roads ,are NOT wide enough for H.G.Vs and were NOT intended for usage by H.G.V's

How do you expect a lorry driver or any other for that matter to learn competently without encountering real situations, Country road's may not be wide enough,but how do you think goods get in/out of the countryside to farms/quarries/supermarkets etc in hard to reach places the motorways do not go everywhere,neither do the A roads,this is why the training is done in real situ' and not a false one,Class 1 drivers are extremely skilled/proffesssional people and not paid nearly enough what they are worth,Just to add i passed my HGV Class 1 in1972 but soon went back to my previous job in the earthmoving industry as the money was not very good.....you are obviously a woman driver.. lol..:D:wink: