Unofficial Theatre Meet - The Tempest @ The Lyceum, Wed 22nd April 7.30

Hi!

After the interest in SophieC's Swan lake meet I thought there might be some people interested in going to see the RSC and Baxter Theatre Centre's production of the Tempest:

http://www.sheffieldtheatres.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseaction=whatson.production&ProductionID=740

Again, if we get 10 or more people going we can get 25% discount on tickets, meaning they will be no more than £18, but may be cheaper depending on where I can book tickets.

Looking at availability I'll probably have to book quite soon, so if you are interested pelase let me know. I will have to pay for tickets by 2nd March so still some time to get the pennies together!

DM x

Attending

DM+3

mojo1

Cathted+4

Rad

SophieC1979

FoxForceFive

Edited by Dark Moomin

This sounds lovely, so thats a yes from me.

The Tempest, Tuesday 21 April to Saturday 25 April 2009

An island. A man and his daughter stranded. He enslaves the sole inhabitant of the island and masters its magic force. Then his enemies are shipwrecked on the island...

RSC Associate Artist Antony Sher returns to the RSC to play Prospero in this new production of Shakespeare’s magical play. A co-production with Cape Town’s Baxter Theatre Centre the production also features the internationally renowned South African actor John Kani who plays Caliban. Drawing on African ritual, magic and music this production will open in Cape Town before transferring to the UK.

Tickets £9.50 - £23.50

There are 2 of us here who would like to go to The Tempest.

Thanks for thinking of this group booking scheme - great idea!

There are 2 of us here who would like to go to The Tempest.

Thanks for thinking of this group booking scheme - great idea!

Credit should really go to SophieC and her Swan Lake meet - I never thought of theatre meets and group discounts before that!

Will be good to have you along!

im really intrested in this when is the latest you need to knwo by hun?

im really intrested in this when is the latest you need to knwo by hun?

I'll probably look to book tickets about the middle of next week, unless there is a lot of interest in which case it will be earlier to make sure we can get in! If you can't confirm by the time I book I could see if they could add a ticket onto the booking later.

Anyway let me know!

Sounds good, I'm in.

blimming heck, i cant believe ive managed to go virtually all day without seeing this thread! :o

i know we discussed this ages ago DM, but it never quite went any further than that, so please count me in. :)

thanks for organising, maybe we can do ticket money swoppsies at either the ballet mini meet or the foodie meet?

x

blimming heck, i cant believe ive managed to go virtually all day without seeing this thread! :o

i know we discussed this ages ago DM, but it never quite went any further than that, so please count me in. :)

thanks for organising, maybe we can do ticket money swoppsies at either the ballet mini meet or the foodie meet?

x

Sounds good to me! Good to have you along!

Coolio! Well we are up to 10 (I have a couple of forum lurker friends interested and my OH who make up my +3) but I'll leave this to run a few more days to give anyone else a chance to speak up!