Dam House - Weston Park. Your experiences.

Called in Friday lunchtime. They now have waitress service which is nice. The food was very good though a touch expensive. This was simply a bar meal (in my case bbq chicken burger) as the place was packed out with students who had passed their exams celebrating with their families.

In fact, I felt somewhat underdressed!

It's nice to go on a (ha, ha, remember these?) 'summer's day' and sit on the patio. Then again, it's a pub that serves booze so any time's a good time to go.

Called in Friday lunchtime. They now have waitress service which is nice. The food was very good though a touch expensive. This was simply a bar meal (in my case bbq chicken burger) as the place was packed out with students who had passed their exams celebrating with their families.

In fact, I felt somewhat underdressed!

It's nice to go on a (ha, ha, remember these?) 'summer's day' and sit on the patio. Then again, it's a pub that serves booze so any time's a good time to go.

summer's day????? what the hell is summer??? :hihi::D

summer's day????? what the hell is summer??? :hihi::D

I know, I know. Sorry for that.

I just had a touch of nostalgia. Endless summer days and sultry nights; light, loose clothing, the Pimms on ice and the sounds of the birds in the trees.

In the distance, the sound of an ambulance rushing off to some drink-driver who's crashed into a tree, the ice-cream vendor shouting for help as he's just been robbed by thee nine year old kids.

The grass on which you lay, strewn with dog-muck and discarded needles. Mungo Jerry on t' wireless singing In The Summertime.

Summer eh? Eee, them were t' days...,

i go quite a bit, its a smart place and the food is really good, they have a 3 course meal mon - thurs for about £20 have a look on their website the menus on there

I know, I know. Sorry for that.

I just had a touch of nostalgia. Endless summer days and sultry nights; light, loose clothing, the Pimms on ice and the sounds of the birds in the trees.

In the distance, the sound of an ambulance rushing off to some drink-driver who's crashed into a tree, the ice-cream vendor shouting for help as he's just been robbed by thee nine year old kids.

The grass on which you lay, strewn with dog-muck and discarded needles. Mungo Jerry on t' wireless singing In The Summertime.

Summer eh? Eee, them were t' days...,

OOOOOoooo that Summer, we remember them well!!! :D:cry:

i go quiet a bit, its a smart place and the food is really good, they have a 3 course meal mon - thurs for about £20 have a look on their website the menus on there

ok i'll take a look :D;)

I've been, but i'm a fan, so you might have to go and have a look yourself.

Ostrich burgers on the new menu now with waitress service and me Jack Daniels and Coke!

went to dam house last friday had the pan fried duck with black pudding and sweet mash very nice one of the best meal i ve had in sheffield for years. i would advise people to book

I went for lunch yesterday and was really dissapointed with the food! I had fishcakes; they (or should I say it, there was just one little one) didn't taste of anything and looked like it had come out of a packet, frozen... the chilli and coriander sauce was just a drizzle of olive oil round the side of the plate!

It's a lovely location and the service was great, but then again we were the only people in there!! There was no atmosphere whatsoever!

went to dam house last friday had the pan fried duck with black pudding and sweet mash very nice one of the best meal i ve had in sheffield for years. i would advise people to book

I had that too! Lamb dish is tasty!

We went last Monday evening - first time we had been there. We had an excellent 3 course meal. Can recommend the Rib Eye steak.

I went for lunch yesterday and was really dissapointed with the food! I had fishcakes; they (or should I say it, there was just one little one) didn't taste of anything and looked like it had come out of a packet, frozen... the chilli and coriander sauce was just a drizzle of olive oil round the side of the plate!

It's a lovely location and the service was great, but then again we were the only people in there!! There was no atmosphere whatsoever!

- Had to try the fish cake after your comments, It's handmade and not frozen at all. You do get one for £4.50, but it does not say on the menu Fishcakes, just Fish cake. Its on dressed salad and made with pure white fish with lemongrass,- for a starter it's tops.

p.s. - it's based on a sheffield thing London Lass, and if you come from London, you might not get it!