Sheffield Forum
Your message here

Sixty years an Owl.

Home > Sheffield > Sheffield Sport & Activities > Sheffield Football

Reply To Topic

17-04-2018, 12:07   #21
SomeNextGuy

Total Posts: 595
Congratulations on avoiding death so far. I think I'd take 60 if I was offered it now.
18-04-2018, 10:20   #22
Padders

Total Posts: 8,284
Alan interesting thread...... 60yrs ago, I came from that era when opposing fans stood side by side, when the match finished we would shake hands and congratulate the winning team, oh how times have changed. I still hold them values today, well done the blades or well done the owls, and why not....... remember when we all had rattles, mine was a little tinny thing, but some of them were huge, I don"t know how the hell they managed to swing em round.

---------- Post added 18-04-2018 at 10:32 ----------

And I would just like to add, congratulations to our little neighbours Rotherham, love to see em back in the championship.
18-04-2018, 11:12   #23
echo beach

Total Posts: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padders View Post
Alan interesting thread...... 60yrs ago, I came from that era when opposing fans stood side by side, when the match finished we would shake hands and congratulate the winning team, oh how times have changed. I still hold them values today, well done the blades or well done the owls, and why not....... remember when we all had rattles, mine was a little tinny thing, but some of them were huge, I don"t know how the hell they managed to swing em round.

---------- Post added 18-04-2018 at 10:32 ----------

And I would just like to add, congratulations to our little neighbours Rotherham, love to see em back in the championship.
Yes Padders, mine was a large wooden one; painted red and white, of course. Today it would be classed as an offensive weapon!
In those days at Bramall Lane there was no home and away end because at half time you could walk from behind one goal to the other, via the pavilion and on the way nip up to the scoreboard to make sure that the Owls were losing.

echo.
Reply To Topic