Yorkshire Bank, Darnall to CLOSE

Good decision. I imagine the staff were incredibly under-worked and realistically there shouldn't be a random Yorkshire Bank in Darnall of all places.......

Surprised it's taken so long for this to happen.

sounds like you used to live here, and now ashamed of the fact.

or is it a case of " pull the ladder up i'm OK jack

Darnall knockers have been on again, but I have been here to 30 years, still love it, still working (for a major bank), accept people for who they are and don't understand why people who don't know the real people who live here have an issue.

Which brain of Britain decided that the best 'local' branch to Darnall should be Hillsborough :huh::loopy:

Not exactly convenient. Still could be worse, I suppose, it is at least in Sheffield and only two bus journeys away. It could have been Hillsborough, County Down :roll:

Yippee yet another inconvenience, but still another kebab shop to open or mini mart

Yippee yet another inconvenience, but still another kebab shop to open or mini mart

Or better yet it could be a Bookies, i'm sure we need another one in Darnall

Edited by Itrytoplease

Which brain of Britain decided that the best 'local' branch to Darnall should be Hillsborough :huh::loopy:

Not exactly convenient. Still could be worse, I suppose, it is at least in Sheffield and only two bus journeys away. It could have been Hillsborough, County Down :roll:

Yes I am near Crystal Peaks and it says same for me, is there still one in the City centre?

Yes I am near Crystal Peaks and it says same for me, is there still one in the City centre?

At the moment, yes :)

We have a Yorkshire Bank in Firth Park centre if you want to visit ?

Edit: Actually we don’t anymore, it closed several months ago too

This is in deed a sign of the times, but what happens to the old folks that have no idea about computers or on line banking ? and are used to buying/paying in cash. I'm lucky to an extent as i was/am a technophobe - love all this tech stuff and have a good knowledge of computers. at 66 I don't think there's many of us.

Well I hope the one in Hillsborough doesn’t close as I’m moving to that from the Nat.West in Hillsborough which is also closing in June ! :suspect:

No Hillsborough staying open Yorkshire Bank moved me from Darnall to Hillsborough.

Is anything in Darnall still open?

Plenty of mosques. :)

I used to drink around Darnall back in the 80s and 90s, was pubs everywhere.

Plenty of mosques. :)

I used to drink around Darnall back in the 80s and 90s, was pubs everywhere.

There certainly is lol.

Wish I could have been around back when everywhere in Sheffield was within a 5 minute stroll of a pub.

My "locals" are a 15 - 20 minute walk, and I'm only half a mile out of the city centre! :hihi: