Supertram problems

Not just trams, busses are too full as well.

The signs are the sickest thing. I took a bus in Europe last week, it had screens that told you everything, even live flight information of the airport I was traveling to and waiting times at security.

We can put GPS on everything now, why SCC can't install it on its transport I'll never know!

We can put GPS on everything now, why SCC can't install it on its transport I'll never know!

What on earth does it have to do with the Council? :confused:

sheffield super tram is the most unreliable mode of transport in the whole of england .

i have to catch it every day for work reson and it very rarely arrives on time its a complete joke.

Tram is nowhere near as bad as the 120 bus.

I absolutely hate getting the tram now. I try to get on the 7:55 from Leppings Lane but sometimes it's so full you cannot physically get on. And that's only the second stop from the start of the yellow route! I usually try to get the 4:45 ish home from University and it's just as bad. They need to add more trams or make them twice as long. It's dangerous.

Also - those sign things only wind us all up more. They're in no way linked to the real-time of the trams; just go from the timetable!

That’s the nature of turn up and travel systems.

It’s not possible to lengthen the trams as they wouldn’t fit on the platforms

The yellow tram should stop st university and then fast non stop to Hillsboro Park (as it goes several stops further) and the blue could serve all intermediate stops.

Ultimately if a tram arrives and it’s busy it’s an individuals choice to board it

What on earth does it have to do with the Council? :confused:

The tram and bus stops are maintained by SYPTE, which is run by Sheffield City Region combined authority of which the leader of SCC is a member.

---------- Post added 21-12-2017 at 22:17 ----------

That’s the nature of turn up and travel systems.

It’s not possible to lengthen the trams as they wouldn’t fit on the platforms

The yellow tram should stop st university and then fast non stop to Hillsboro Park (as it goes several stops further) and the blue could serve all intermediate stops.

Ultimately if a tram arrives and it’s busy it’s an individuals choice to board it

My guess is the blue tram less than 5 mins in front of the yellow would prevent it going to Hillsborough any faster...

My knowledge of technology and it's development is seriously decreasing as I get older. When I look round me at trams trains and busses they are lagging behind even more and seem to be controlled by old stuck aging sleepwalking people.

The tram and bus stops are maintained by SYPTE, which is run by Sheffield City Region combined authority of which the leader of SCC is a member.

So SCC cant go round whacking GPS on buses and trams, thank you for confirming.

Maybe if there weren't so many buses (120, 52, 51) going up and down West Street and causing the blue and yellow trams to be delayed (and vice versa) then the service maybe could improve. High frequency routes all on the same road doesn't work.

Traffic a nightmare in Hillsborough yellow route taking over 20 minutes to travel from Hillsorough to Middlewood and back to Hillsborough .

9 times out of 10 it's the trams that cause the congestion, particularly in the Hillsborough area.

I absolutely hate getting the tram now. I try to get on the 7:55 from Leppings Lane but sometimes it's so full you cannot physically get on. And that's only the second stop from the start of the yellow route! I usually try to get the 4:45 ish home from University and it's just as bad. They need to add more trams or make them twice as long. It's dangerous.

Also - those sign things only wind us all up more. They're in no way linked to the real-time of the trams; just go from the timetable!

Twice as long :hihi:

That'll be fun, jumping down at the front and back where they don't fit into the stops. And all the junctions they'll block when stopped at signals.

Re:Leppings lane, get the tram 10 mins earlier, it's a lot quieter.

---------- Post added 22-12-2017 at 13:03 ----------

9 times out of 10 it's the trams that cause the congestion, particularly in the Hillsborough area.

That's simply not true is it.

Biggest problem with the Trams is that they are there at all, holding up the motorists.

Angel1.