Lidl Prince of wales rd

Every time I pass, there never seems to be any work being carried out. In fact I don't recall seeing any workmen for several months now. I wonder if it'll ever be completed at all???

I live near lidl and things did come to stand still, i heard the outside cladding

was been test for fire. There was 2 workmen on site begining of this week

and today i have seen the big jibs working. Once all the yard is cleared i'm

sure the'll start on the carpark them.

they throw them up quicker than a big yellow storage.

Yes they do. I never understood why they demolished the Morrisons at Darnall which was a decent brick building and then stuck their standard Lidl on the site.

one of the workers died and it has caused a delay in opening

-----------

Between august sept oct 2017 thats what the workmen say,

they haven't even started new car park yet!! :suspect::suspect:

That's ok, I'm sure they havn't planned on doing any car boots in the near future. :hihi:

I sent on site last week and it will be open by February easily they take no time at up to put up that spec from strach is 14 weeks program including the muck shift/demolition etc etc

I sent on site last week and it will be open by February easily they take no time at up to put up that spec from strach is 14 weeks program including the muck shift/demolition etc etc

I'm not sure I fully understand this reply but it should have been open by last February, not next February, if that is what you're implying.

Best bit is the Darnall store is closing at the beginning of October! You would have thought they would have finished one first before starting the next

Edited by yorkiepudd

I'm not sure I fully understand this reply but it should have been open by last February, not next February, if that is what you're implying.

Best bit is the Darnall store is closing at the beginning of October! You would have thought they would have finished one first before starting the next ��

Somehow I don't think the Darnall store will be closing in October as you say, considering that building work is in progress at the moment extending the store.

Best bit is the Darnall store is closing at the beginning of October! You would have thought they would have finished one first before starting the next ��

Somehow I don't think the Darnall store will be closing in October as you say, considering that building work is in progress at the moment extending the store.

There are also signs up saying the Darnall store is staying open during building works :thumbsup:

I was surprised too but that's what the signs that have been put up this week say.

Apparently it's closing until November so going on the Prince of Wales Road store fiasco, who knows when it will actually reopen.

I was surprised too but that's what the signs that have been put up this week say.

Apparently it's closing until November so going on the Prince of Wales Road store fiasco, who knows when it will actually reopen.

It's closing for six weeks during the building works.

well if they both are closed itl be fun at heeley driving and parking is crap at best of times