Any review or opinion about Atlantic 1 Flats?

Hey all,

Has anyone rented flat at the new Atlantic 1 flats? http://www.opalestates.com/professional/article/atlantic1/

I am considering renting either a studio or one bed room flat there. If anyone has any experience with them please advise if it is a good idea and worth the money.

Also, do they provide washing machine and dishwasher? Or are they like West One with common laundry facility?

Thanks!

Edited by rkb007

Hi

I viewed a number of properties in this builidng last year after it was built.

I decided against it becasue of the area and generally because it felt very much like a student property (long corridors, next to a large student halls)

Atlantic 1 is on the edge of Netherthorpe and isnt a great area at all, it seems close to town but I would recommend against late night walks.

For a 2 bed it was £770pcm inc parking which was outrageous for the size and location.

Thanks for reply...

Hi

Atlantic 1 is on the edge of Netherthorpe and isnt a great area at all, it seems close to town but I would recommend against late night walks.

What do you mean exactly? I think its quite close to the city. Do you mean there are bad people on streets?

Thanks for reply...

What do you mean exactly? I think its quite close to the city. Do you mean there are bad people on streets?

The area around there is not good. Its a short walk to West Street, but the area you'll be passing through to get there is not a nice place.

Been here since January and not had any problems

I know, It is been a long time since last one posted but I wanted to post my idea just for further visitors. I have been living in Atlantic 1 since feb 2009 so one and half year. I never had any problems about management and area. Management team really nice and polite, they do what they can do for you. Area is nice as well just 10 min walk to city centre. Few minutes to west street pubs. there is a tesco express just across the street and there is a big tesco just 5 minutes walk away. I have heard some stories about area but I was told byy some one who is originally from sheffield since born that area was cleaned up. You can see that all garages and other small factories has gone. plenty of new buildings finished like atlantic 1 and now area is nice and pleasant to live in. In side of the properties nice and clean. Quality of whole building much better than other properties in this area. Good thing is opal management rent this flat out so they do not want any agent`s fee. Recommended.

Edited by melihbozkurt

Does anybody have any further views on Atlantic 1 - I am thinking of moving there?

i looked at a flat for rent there just over a year ago. the area still looked too rough for me (right on top of edward street flats) and the flat was TINY!

one of those combined kitchen/lounges which was very small and the bedroom had a double bed squeezed into it and fitted wardrobes. there wasnt much room for anything else, so no storage space at all. also didnt like the bathroom, cubby hole with only a shower cubicle. i thought about practicalities like drying my clothes and there wasnt really enough room to put up a clothes airer! and my clothes would have ended up stinking of cooking smells.

parking was £1000 a year (the agent said) or there was 'free parking on the street' he said as he pointed over a dual carriageway type road about 10 mins walk away! dont think so....

the flat was priced at £500pcm back then, i saw it as an abominal rip off, that flat wasnt worth £500pcm! i ended up moving into a shared house for a year until i could find a one bed flat that i liked that wasnt a rip off.

i finally found one just off bramall lane with separate kitchen, decent sized double bedroom, good sized bathroom and underground parking included in the £475pcm. also in what i'd consider a better area.

atlantic 1 may have changed in price and the area may have gotten better, but when the agent asked for feedback i had to tell him that the place was just too small to be easy to live in and the price was too high for what you get.

depends on what your needs are (ie being close to uni etc) but have a real good look if you do view any flats and try and imagine if you can fit all your stuff into it. i thought it looked too tiny even when it was empty! i asked the agent if there were any more flats available and he said there was, but they were exactly the same as the one i'd just seen and if i wanted to have the separate lounge they could rent me a two bed and convert the second bedroom into a lounge (for the price of a two bed) again, dont think so!

personally i would never consider living there after the experience i had.

HORRENDOUS!

Been living here 5 months and havent slept properly since!

Neighbours are a nuscience and are completely ignorant to noise complaints as they think everyone that lives here are students!

Atlantic One themselves are useless unless your giving them money for something.

Hey everyone. I am interested to rent a flat in opal atlantic 1. I got some questions.

Is it a dangerous area? How far is from city center? The price includes gas, electricity etc? Is there CCTV or security in the building like other properties? Also, is building noisy or quiet?

Thank you very much!

Not sure if its changed since 2010 but me and my partner rented there for 2 years. Loved being close to the city centre and had some good memories there. However, we found it full of students*, noisy and there were a lot of dodgy people around (most likely druggies). Parking was also a nightmare. So, if ur young and possibly a student urself wanting to be near the city centre, then i would def recommend it. If u have full time jobs and/or family, i personally wouldnt recommend. pm me if u want to know more :)

*at the time, atlantic1 was promoted as accomodation for "young professionals", so not sure if this has now been u-turned and openly promoted as student accomadation via private renting/sale.

Edited by jm79

hey! thank you very much for you reply. Actually I am sociologist and I would have my second masters in Sheffield Hallam. However, I wont a noisy accomondation cause I have to study. Was it too noisy? Lots of threads above "said" thats bit dangerous for night walk or smth. Is that true? And why dangerous? Are they weird people like junkies walking around or smth ?

Thank you very much!