Council tax discount

If my o h stays at my house twice a week would I have to pay full council tax or can I still claim my discount ? She still has her post etc delivered to her own house not mine

If she doesn't live there but only spends the odd couple of nights a week then you are a single person living there so I would claim the discount.

Really, it's based on days of occupation. Only the Council can decide whether occasional occupation by a second adult deprives you of the 25% discount.

Since last year, Sheffield have been sending a letter requiring the recipient of Single Person Discount to confirm their status every year.

The form has to be sent off to Capita in Bromley, but they refuse to include a postage paid envelope for the return.

You can respond online, but that is only possible if you are prepared to give them your email address. I wouldn't trust Capita with the heat off my wotsit.

While the price of a stamp is not the end of the world, the principle stinks.

If my o h stays at my house twice a week would I have to pay full council tax or can I still claim my discount ? She still has her post etc delivered to her own house not mine

i think the crux of the matter here is, does your o h pay council tax in her own right, if not i would keep an eye out for strange cars parked near your house.

Give council a call or email them..

Since last year, Sheffield have been sending a letter requiring the recipient of Single Person Discount to confirm their status every year.

The form has to be sent off to Capita in Bromley, but they refuse to include a postage paid envelope for the return.

I got one of those, with a pre-paid envelope, but I am under Wakefield council.

Seems like a waste of time. Just been watching TV tonight, council letting out houses, one of them had been empty for around 10 years, just the occupant coming back to check the mail and feed the 'house cats'.

I thought all tenants got a yearly visit, much better than posting a letter.