Any golfers on here ?

1)what course(s) do you play ?

2)where do you practice ?

3)what make of golf clubs do you use ?

4)what type of balls do you use ?

5)what is your handicap(if any) ?

I have my weekly fix at College Pines, but play all over ie Tapton, Birley, Bondhay, Stirrup, Beauchief. not played Birch Hall yet wondering whats it like

Best courses I've played are Eden at St Andrews and North Shore at Scarborough, both very challenging

Practice mainly at Rother Valley Driving Range

Cobra [woods and driver] and Ram [irons], wanting a new putter at the moment as mine got bent in temper

Don't laugh, I cannot follow white or yellow golf balls in the sky so pink wilsons :loopy:

28 but on a good day i play to around 18 [very few of those alately]

I have my weekly fix at College Pines, but play all over ie Tapton, Birley, Bondhay, Stirrup, Beauchief. not played Birch Hall yet wondering whats it like

Best courses I've played are Eden at St Andrews and North Shore at Scarborough, both very challenging

Practice mainly at Rother Valley Driving Range

Cobra [woods and driver] and Ram [irons], wanting a new putter at the moment as mine got bent in temper

Don't laugh, I cannot follow white or yellow golf balls in the sky so pink wilsons :loopy:

28 but on a good day i play to around 18 [very few of those alately]

Birch hall is an extremely long slog espcially the back nine.College Pines is an excellent course

Birch hall is an extremely long slog espcially the back nine.College Pines is an excellent course

I've heard college pines is supposed to be great and they reckon you can play on it every day of the year due to the drainage and run-off.

I've heard college pines is supposed to be great and they reckon you can play on it every day of the year due to the drainage and run-off.

Never seen any mud, and they don't have any temp greens i would recommend it to anyone

Never seen any mud, and they don't have any temp greens i would recommend it to anyone

College Pines membership at the moment is full ,but you can join as an associate member which is £145 for the year.This gives you 10 free games & then reduced rates for the rest of the year.Great deal IMO. :thumbsup:

went out to Bondhay today to have a nosey , looks straightforward enough, But gonna have to buy shoes to play! I'm hoping the weather is gonna behave on Monday to go play around.

is there anywhere in/around sheffield that has the hight adjustable tees on the ranges?

went out to Bondhay today to have a nosey , looks straightforward enough, But gonna have to buy shoes to play! I'm hoping the weather is gonna behave on Monday to go play around.

is there anywhere in/around sheffield that has the hight adjustable tees on the ranges?

Moorview driving range at Bradway S17.Great set up & golf shop & bar:thumbsup:

thanks, also is there any 18 holes that don't require spikes fancy dress etc? locally that is.

thanks, also is there any 18 holes that don't require spikes fancy dress etc? locally that is.

I don't think theres anywhere locally that you can play 18 holers without spikes. If you want to play a longer pitch n putt 9 holer without spikes then my suggestion would be Bondhay(not local I know, but a decent course.)

http://www.bondhay.com/?num=1

when I went, the pitch and putt looked pretty decent really, if I don't get some spikes by next Monday I might have a round on there instead.

went to moorveiw today, no mechanical tees?! but its a nice range, and good prices and really busy. there was a guy in the stall next to me who was being given a golf lesson, it was really offputting (no pun) as he kept making me doubt what I was doing even though I knew I was mostly swinging fine,strange.

when I went, the pitch and putt looked pretty decent really, if I don't get some spikes by next Monday I might have a round on there instead.

went to moorveiw today, no mechanical tees?! but its a nice range, and good prices and really busy. there was a guy in the stall next to me who was being given a golf lesson, it was really offputting (no pun) as he kept making me doubt what I was doing even though I knew I was mostly swinging fine,strange.

Give us a shout or PM me if you want to go up to Moorview again & I'll meet you up there.Try Decathlon for some cheap golf shoes.The golf pros at MOORVIEW normally give lessons in the first bay or right at the far end where it is enclosed.Lee(dark brushed back hair & glasses ) normally uses the far end bay or Robbie(blonde hair,dressed in black) normally uses the the first bay.

Tarquin