Kitchen shop recommendation

Hello

I want to replace a very old hob. The problem is according to the manual I found on the internet is that it fits a 550 mm aperture. So probably this is what I have. I cannot find any hob to fit such an aperture, and shops I have asked in so far insist all hobs are 560 mm aperture as standard. But reading around forums, it seems the case some older hobs did use 550 mm. The shops I checked so far also say they cannot adjust an existing aperture to enlarge.

I wonder if someone can recommend a kitchen shop that can deal with this situation?

Thanks N

Whats the kitchen surface made of? Surely a joiner could enlarge the aperture a touch?

Have you actually measured the aperture from your old hob?

on our old kitchen the hole for the hob was a touch larger than the hob itself anyway, but the fit was totally fine - just a couple of small brackets underneath hold the hob in place.

You are talking 1cm difference. Buy the hob you want. Find a fitter and surely they will fit it. They may need to take a jigsaw to your worktop etc. But 1cm is not a massive difference and the chances are high that it will fit or can be made to fit.

I had exactly the same problem. My old hob was a 550mm aperture and all the hobs I looked at were 560mm. I bought a new hob, prepared to have the aperture enlarged, but when the fitter came the new hob went in - no problem. So you may find the same situation. If your hob is directly above your oven its quite easy to slide the oven out and measure the hob aperture from underneath.

However I do know that Appliance World at Heeley will recommend fitters who will enlarge the aperture if necessary, as my neighbour bought from them and had the same issue. The fitter made the necessary adjustments.