[SOLD] Horseriding lessons in Sheffield

Guest Guest

Hello everyone,

I would like some advice on good places to go for horseriding lessons please.

Is there a place you can reccommend?

costs / what the horses/staff are like/are they paitent?

I live near sheffield centre and don't drive, so a stables on a bus route would be brilliant!

Also are there any horsey clubs/groups that i can join?

I don't have my own horse tho!

Guest Guest

look to pay £12- £18 an hour

hello

Im looking for a friendly, welcoming horse riding stables in or near sheffield, preferably on a bus route. Somewhere that has regular

lessons and also hacking out.

please reccommend somewhere!

I know of one at Marsh Lane, which is to the south of sheffield,

www.yell.co.uk might help :)

Smeltings Farm Riding Centre, Ringinglow Road, Sheffield S11 7TD

Tel: 0114 230 7661 e-mail: Smeltingsfarm@aol.com Key: A2/C/D

Snowdon Farm Riding School, Snowdon Lane, Troway, Marsh Lane, Nr Sheffield S21 5RT Tel: 01246 417172 Key: A3/D E-Mail: info@snowdonfarmequestrian.co.uk

Both of these are on a approved list. Hope this helps.

Originally posted by "Lickszz"

Snowdon Farm Riding School, Snowdon Lane, Troway, Marsh Lane, Nr Sheffield S21 5RT Tel: 01246 417172 Key: A3/D E-Mail: info@snowdonfarmequestrian.co.uk

thats it Lickszz!

Smallage Farm riding stables, Smallage Lane, Aughton is reputed to be quite good.

My sister used to ride there for years before getting her own horse. She actually stabled it there for a long time too.

My experience of riding schools in Sheffield:

Snowdon Farm at Troway is excellent. You get very rigorous and intense lessons. They're friendly enough but their serious approach might put you off; it shouldn't though because they are definitely the best I have ever been too (I'm not a very good rider by the way).

Unless they've changed in the last few years, they will not allow you to hack unless you have proved you're capable of doing so in the school first - which might sound draconian but it makes sense really.

Smallage Farm on the other hand will plonk you on a pony and hope for the best. Some people like these stables because there is no pressure on you at all, but I've been on some hacks there that have descended into pure chaos. Also expect to have loads of kids on the ride with you. Cheap but I now avoid the place.

There's a big farm up in Stannington Village that has horse riding from it, I know cos we see horse riders around all the time in the local area.

I ride at (and keep my horses at) Smeltings Farm in Ringinglow. Unless you have prior experience though theyre waiting list is pretty long. They are also quite expensive but on this side of sheffield they are pretty much the onl place and they are really good and friendly, with lovely horses. The website is; http://www.equestrian-training.co.uk if you want to take a look.

Ive heard some good things about Snowdon Stables but you'd probably be best reposting this on http://www.newrider.com on the forum - there'd be tons of people to give you different views on places around sheffield.

:)

xxx

Oh and there's a Mayfield Valley Pony Club run at Smeltings, they have a horse loaning scheme, and I think there's also a Hope Valley Riding Club.

There's also Barlow and High Peak Pony Clubs which are hunt affiliated I believe.

It depends on age really what is available - are you here for uni? PM me if you like, or reply.

xxx