The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

It's not just my opinion. There are always verdicts released after PMQs by various pundits and newspapers, and May has often outperformed Corbyn according to these - not me. To claim that that isn't true shows your own bias, not mine.

During the election campaign she was doorstepping, which obviously involves interacting with people. As I explained, I imagine she was advised not to take part in a head to head debate because the perception of her not taking part in the debate didn't outweigh the potential negatives of her coming across poorly.

They will know that she doesn't come across well and is quite awkward in interviews.

Seeing as she managed to increase the percentage share of the vote, and got the highest share of the vote for any conservative since John Major despite alienating her core voter base and refusing to debate shows that her advisors were probably correct.

that is indeed very true, and in a televised debate with Corbyn she would lose, if her and her advisers had thought she would have come out on top they would have gone for it

Seeing as she managed to increase the percentage share of the vote, and got the highest share of the vote for any conservative since John Major despite alienating her core voter base and refusing to debate shows that her advisors were probably correct.

who are her core voter base and how did she alienate them please ?

that is indeed very true, and in a televised debate with Corbyn she would lose, if her and her advisers had thought she would have come out on top they would have gone for it

It was arrogance and blind faith in the polls.

No one is scared of debating with Corbyn. The man got two E's at his A levels when being taught in a private school.

It was arrogance and blind faith in the polls.

No one is scared of debating with Corbyn. The man got two E's at his A levels when being taught in a private school.

well....the man has done quite well with his two E's then :hihi:

Yeah...she needs a script in front of her

he was an opportunist they had both agreed to not attend

---------- Post added 19-07-2018 at 00:21 ----------

But thats just your opinion Robin, I have seen many many clips where he destroys her, but you see it that way because you wish it to be true..

Corbyn was asking her to debate up to the elections, but then decided to withdraw as she was too scared to go up against him, and he deemed it pointless if she wasn't there, dress it up how you want, but she was scared to debate with him, why does she avoid crowds? Why would she not mingle at Grenfell? Why will she not interact with people?..

I just wish he would get to a question, instead of a rant then a question, QT has gone from 30 min to almost an hour

---------- Post added 19-07-2018 at 00:23 ----------

Yeah...she needs a script in front of her

So was Corbyn was he not?

Edited by phil752

Wasn't it Mrs May who avoided all the televised debates at the last election?

You are avoiding the question Anna - this is also the Labour thread so please stay on topic like we are meant to

well....the man has done quite well with his two E's then :hihi:

Yes. He's bumbled along very well.

Have you ever seen a film called "Being There"?

he was an opportunist they had both agreed to not attend

---------- Post added 19-07-2018 at 00:21 ----------

I just wish he would get to a question, instead of a rant then a question, QT has gone from 30 min to almost an hour

---------- Post added 19-07-2018 at 00:23 ----------

So was Corbyn was he not?

Please Phil, please try not to rewrite history.

They both didnt agree not to attend, Corbyn said he would attend but it was pointless going if Mrs May was too scared to turn up. he wanted a debate between the both of them,

and as you well know, he did actually turn up to the debate, and Mrs strong and stable chose not to go, she could have easily changed her mind and gone, but no she sent Amber Rudd to fight her corner whilst she hid out of the way, cowardice of the highest order...why did she not attend?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39725148

Jeremy Corbyn has said he will not take part in any head-to-head TV election debates without Theresa May.

Labour's leader said the only debate he wanted was one between the "two people who could form the next government".

---------- Post added 19-07-2018 at 09:24 ----------

Yes. He's bumbled along very well.

Have you ever seen a film called "Being There"?

sorry, i dont watch many films or tv

---------- Post added 19-07-2018 at 09:27 ----------

Wasn't it Mrs May who avoided all the televised debates at the last election?

yes it was Anna, instead she chose to do one of those sickly interviews with her husband

---------- Post added 19-07-2018 at 09:37 ----------

"I invite her to go to Cambridge and debate her policies, debate their record, debate their plans, debate their proposals and let the public make up their mind," he said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-01/british-election-corbyn-challenges-may-to-debate-election-nears/8578078

no it wouldnt....

The Tories are on the ropes. they are clinging on by their finger tips..

and the Blairites think what can we do? i know we shall vote with the Tory government and save May's neck, (usual suspects John Mann etc) and what else can we do? i know, we can blather on about anti semitism again...you couldnt make it up, the sooner they stand for reselection the better

As a UKipper I have no bias towards either Labour or the Tory Party. But I would not knock John Mann in any way. Amongst the dross of the Labour Party Mr Mann stands head and shoulder above the rest. An Eagle working with chickens springs to mind.

Above all else Mr Mann comes over as honest and appears to speak his mind, a rare thing for any Politician to do these days.

Angel1.

and appears to speak his mind, a rare thing for any Politician to do these days.

Are you kidding?

I can't remember politicians being as shouty as they are at the moment.

In banjos world John Mann is defined by one thing and one thing only. He opposes Corbyn. And for that he needs to be vilified, labelled a Snowball (ref Animal Farm) and kicked put of the party.

MP John Woodcock quits Labour with attack on 'hard left'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44871628

A shame, he was a good Labour MP, well liked by the locals (aside from the "sex pest" allegations of course).

No doubt like John Mann, a "troublemaker" who will be replaced by another Momentum crony.

Edited by alchresearch