Wilder still has faith in ched

Home > Sheffield > Sheffield Sport & Activities > Sheffield Football

Reply To Topic

26-06-2018, 21:54   #21
speedy69

Total Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjker View Post
It's working out at well over a million per goal at the moment a massive gamble.
So Rhodes has only scored 6 goals for Wednesday?

---------- Post added 26-06-2018 at 21:56 ----------

Quote:
With respect when fans of the opposing team make allegations about your club a response in comparison to their club is quite in order. This is the Sheffield football section after all.
What allegations?
_______
"So MASSIVE the Owls are the only club you can see from outer space"
27-06-2018, 08:10   #22
barnie41

Total Posts: 1,521
Quote:
With respect when fans of the opposing team make allegations about your club a response in comparison to their club is quite in order. This is the Sheffield football section after all.
I've read the thread again. What allegations? It is a football forum (thanks for that) but it is possible to discuss a Blades issue without getting involved with anything that happens at S6.
27-06-2018, 10:34   #23
jjjker

Total Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy69 View Post
So Rhodes has only scored 6 goals for Wednesday?

---------- Post added 26-06-2018 at 21:56 ----------

What allegations?
Your allegation that Ched was a massive gamble. So you say Rhodes only cost 6 million now do you have a link confirming that?

---------- Post added 27-06-2018 at 10:38 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnie41 View Post
I've read the thread again.

---------- Post added 27-06-2018 at 10:38 ----------

[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnie41 View Post
I've read the thread again. What allegations? It is a football forum (thanks for that) but it is possible to discuss a Blades issue without getting involved with anything that happens at S6.
The allgation that Ched was a massive gamble and as said before debates evolve and comparisons are a natural progression, if Ched was a massive gamble surely Rhodes was, something some people seem to take offence to on a Sheffield football section, perhaps the section should have a rule stating you can't comment on the opposition to keep some people happy.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added 27-06-2018 at 10:40 ----------

Last edited by jjjker; 27-06-2018 at 10:54.
27-06-2018, 12:14   #24
Jim Hardie

Total Posts: 6,976
Allegation
'a claim or assertion that someone has done something illegal or wrong, typically one made without proof'

It was just an opinion.
27-06-2018, 12:33   #25
jjjker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Hardie View Post
Allegation
'a claim or assertion that someone has done something illegal or wrong, typically one made without proof'

It was just an opinion.
I think everyone knows the context of my use of the word and the person is insinuating United were "wrong" to take such a massive gamble on Ched.
The only issue here seems to be that I dared to counter that Wednesday had taken a far bigger one with Rhodes and it massively failed. Nit pick all you like but it's clear enough.
27-06-2018, 22:40   #26
speedy69

Quote:
I think everyone knows the context of my use of the word and the person is insinuating United were "wrong" to take such a massive gamble on Ched.
The only issue here seems to be that I dared to counter that Wednesday had taken a far bigger one with Rhodes and it massively failed. Nit pick all you like but it's clear enough.
It's as clear as mud mate-If you think the signing of Evans was a top bit of business, then fill yer boots!
_______
28-06-2018, 10:28   #27
jjjker

Quote:
It's as clear as mud mate-If you think the signing of Evans was a top bit of business, then fill yer boots!
I can't see anywhere I have suggested that, you seem to have evaded the question on Rhodes and his transfer fee regarding your post saying he only scored six goals.Oh yes that's it we're not allowed to mention that are we?.
07-07-2018, 07:12   #28
iansheff

Total Posts: 6,497
Apparently Evans is looking at going out on loan till Xmas according to the Star.

Evans, who missed most of last season through injury, pulled out of United’s 5-1 win at the Look Local Stadium in order to hold talks with an as yet unnamed club. “It’s a deal until Christmas,” Wilder, whose team faces Maritimo in Portugal on Thursday, said. “It should be good for him and, long-term, for us.”

Read more at: https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foot...lade-1-9239939
08-07-2018, 06:32   #29
jacklev1

Total Posts: 826
Still canít get my head round why we are still interested in ched ? Heís finished
Any other player would have gone months ago has he got something on united or is it McCabes doing
_______
[B]Friends family first love them and you love life
08-07-2018, 09:23   #30
DerbyTup

Total Posts: 3,065
Quote:
Massive gamble by the blades that hasn't paid off, he wasn't good enough for the championship last time and isn't now!
"massive gamble"? Really? What, to sign a former International who has played at European level for next to nothing and pay him peanuts to see if he can get back to a decent level?

Wow! If you think that's a "massive gamble" I wonder what you make of Wednesday's transfer policy of paying millions for old has-beens and getting into trouble with FFP rules?
08-07-2018, 18:48   #31
speedy69

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerbyTup View Post
"massive gamble"? Really? What, to sign a former International who has played at European level for next to nothing and pay him peanuts to see if he can get back to a decent level?

Wow! If you think that's a "massive gamble" I wonder what you make of Wednesday's transfer policy of paying millions for old has-beens and getting into trouble with FFP rules?
'former' and 'has' are the key words, oh, and how do you know he's getting paid peanuts?

Also, can you post a link to the 'trouble' we are in with regards to FFP?
_______
08-07-2018, 20:21   #32
Rhyno

Total Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklev1 View Post
Still canít get my head round why we are still interested in ched ? Heís finished
Any other player would have gone months ago has he got something on united or is it McCabes doing
Heís cost you a fortune in cash and generated lots of adverse publicity for the club. He hasnít played properly for about five years now and there is no reason to suspect that will change.

Heís finished as a footballer, that much is clear. The mystery is why United persist with him.
13-07-2018, 14:11   #33
jacklev1

Total Posts: 826
Just get shut , send him out on loan if anyone wants him, see how he goes
Time now wilder got these new so called players in starting to smell a rat!
_______
[B]Friends family first love them and you love life
Yesterday, 15:46   #34
jjjker

To answer the thread on topic Wilder has now allowed Ched to go out on loan which is happening, I can confirm this because I spoke to them both last week and they confirmed it.
Now for the off topic question Wednesday have been having problems because of FFP for some time it has been mentioned in the tabloids but more clearly by their chairman it is making things difficult for them and that's a fact.
Yesterday, 16:42   #35
iansheff

Total Posts: 6,497
Sky sources: Joey Barton’s Fleetwood Town are understood to be in advanced talks with Sheffield United ahead of a season-long loan for striker Ched Evans.
Yesterday, 18:45   #36
speedy69

Quote:
To answer the thread on topic Wilder has now allowed Ched to go out on loan which is happening, I can confirm this because I spoke to them both last week and they confirmed it.
Now for the off topic question Wednesday have been having problems because of FFP for some time it has been mentioned in the tabloids but more clearly by their chairman it is making things difficult for them and that's a fact.
Why didn't you post the information sooner then?
_______
Yesterday, 18:46   #37
mickdalewood

Total Posts: 1,330
Heard he could be off to Fleetwood
_______
Remember we are only here for a visit..................enjoy!
Yesterday, 19:26   #38
jjjker

Quote:
Why didn't you post the information sooner then?
Because we we're abroad when they told me and I've better things to do when on holiday, I returned to England last night I hope this clears things up to your satisfaction.

Last edited by jjjker; Yesterday at 19:35.
Reply To Topic