Sheffield Forum
Your message here

Pc shops that sell tower cases

Home > General > Computer & Tech Chat

Reply To Topic

12-10-2018, 09:05   #1
grand

Total Posts: 1,815
looking for a local if possible pc shop that sells gaming cases are just standard cases close to s5
_______
up the owls
12-10-2018, 12:12   #2
zach

Total Posts: 259
I bought one from the place just up from the White Horse on Halifax Rd. I've not used them in a long time so probably worth calling them first.
12-10-2018, 15:47   #3
grand

Total Posts: 1,815
Cheers pal will give them a bell
_______
up the owls
12-10-2018, 18:14   #4
swarfendor43

Total Posts: 6,302
Hi,

Whilst I wholly approve of supporting local businesses (I really miss GemSoft), if you can't find what you are looking for locally, I have used scan.co.uk for a couple of builds. What I found annoying is that the same towers I had looked at a few weeks prior to purchase had shot up. Always best to buy Computer bits way before Christmas as there tends to be a premium to be paid this time of year.
Today, 10:23   #5
Lastnet IT

Total Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by swarfendor43 View Post
Hi,

Whilst I wholly approve of supporting local businesses (I really miss GemSoft), if you can't find what you are looking for locally, I have used scan.co.uk for a couple of builds. What I found annoying is that the same towers I had looked at a few weeks prior to purchase had shot up. Always best to buy Computer bits way before Christmas as there tends to be a premium to be paid this time of year.
I once had a dead-on-arrival motherboard (as part of a very large/expensive order) from Scan. When I tried to return it they wanted to charge me a restocking fee (for a faulty item!).

I had to threaten them with small claims court twice; once to accept the return, and a second time to get them to pay my refund when they'd took delivery of the faulty item.

Admittedly this was a few years ago, but I've never used them since (for personal orders or business orders) and would never use them again.
Today, 10:58   #6
zach

Total Posts: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastnet IT View Post
I once had a dead-on-arrival motherboard (as part of a very large/expensive order) from Scan. When I tried to return it they wanted to charge me a restocking fee (for a faulty item!).

I had to threaten them with small claims court twice; once to accept the return, and a second time to get them to pay my refund when they'd took delivery of the faulty item.

Admittedly this was a few years ago, but I've never used them since (for personal orders or business orders) and would never use them again.
I know Scan can be a tad more expensive on things but I've never had any issues returning anything to them. The last item I returned was about 6 months ago... maybe things have changed.
Reply To Topic