"Work to Start sooner rather than later, so bring your umbrellas" - McCabe

I picked up on an interview with Kev McCabe in last nights official matchday programme and found the following very interesting.

When asked what the timescales were for the development of the KOP McCabe stated:-

"I'd Expect us to start the work on the Kop as soon as possible, Obviously we'd phase it but those who sit on the Kop may find themselves for a good period of time because the roof would have to come off some time in January".

Personally I can't wait lmao.......gonna be some bitter, rainy, windy days up there but bring it on lol

LOL Nice.. Bring it on! Gunna be brilliant in the Kop..

A point with both of the stadium upgrades, I wonder how many people will be wanting reduced prices for having to sit outside open to the elements?

This is from a realistic chairman, an action man, a crusader for a world class football stadia.

A club with planning permissions and funding in place, with a proffesional workforce ready and waiting.

No false dawns here then :).

Am just glad i am not sat on the kop, may be a bit wet and cold in January.

The world cup boffins , can already see our developments in action as promised. A positive step in bringing the world cup to Sheffield.

A point with both of the stadium upgrades, I wonder how many people will be wanting reduced prices for having to sit outside open to the elements?

Probably some old grumpy ****ers.. I think itll be a laugh :D

This is from a realistic chairman, an action man, a crusader for a world class football stadia.

Has he got the eagle eyes?

Probably some old grumpy ****ers.. I think itll be a laugh :D

Maybe, but many people (families, OAP's etc) won't want to sit in a blizzard getting soaked.

Would it not have been wiser for them to remove the roof in the off season? Probably the worst time to do it is.... January.

and you blades have the cheek to have a go at us lot for upgrading our stadium and surrounding area - ur lot are taking the bloody roof off midseason!!! now thats ten times mroe embarassing than getting people to work for your club for free!!

and you blades have the cheek to have a go at us lot for upgrading our stadium and surrounding area - ur lot are taking the bloody roof off midseason!!! now thats ten times mroe embarassing than getting people to work for your club for free!!

Getting people to work for the club for free isn't embarrassing! It shows how much loyalty and passion people have for their club.

Getting people to work for the club for free isn't embarrassing! It shows how much loyalty and passion people have for their club.

Are you speaking about the Dulux five?

Respect to them for turning up.

oh come on- get real. hhmm- chairman begging the fans to come down and oaint because he club can't afford to do it themselves OR the chairman apologising because the club is just about to spend million on upgrading the stadium???

What else do you think they could do then? Take it off at the end of the season and finish the work in 12 weeks (less if were in the playoffs?) - simply not possible.

Im afraid that it will take 6-8 months for them to build it- no matter what club you are.

I remember when the kop roof came off in the 80's - it was a right laugh!! :D

5 people turned up?