Gap from Premier League to EFL widen to £133m in first year

Record TV rights deal saw gap from Premier League to EFL widen to £133m in first year. Apparently the premier league clubs average turnover is £157m compared to Championship clubs who average £24m. The rich clubs just keep getting richer at the expense of the EFL clubs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44981103

Record TV rights deal saw gap from Premier League to EFL widen to £133m in first year. Apparently the premier league clubs average turnover is £157m compared to Championship clubs who average £24m. The rich clubs just keep getting richer at the expense of the EFL clubs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44981103

Football is no longer the working class game ,it has been taken over by the more well of members of society , I have always watched local teams up to the last couple of years but can no longer afford the ticket price or season ticket.

Football is no longer the working class game ,it has been taken over by the more well of members of society , I have always watched local teams up to the last couple of years but can no longer afford the ticket price or season ticket.

Yeah, long gone are the days when a Saturday afternoon at a football match was a cheap day out, even after a pie and oxo plus bus fares were factored in. Mind you the players only made about twice as much as a tradesman per week. Now they a paying all kinds of scrubbing brushes 5 grand or more a week I hear. Remember when Johnny Haines was given 100 quid a week, it put the nation in a state of shock LOL. I always take in a match or two at Hillsborough when I come over yonder, but I am on holiday so I can afford it. I certainly wouldn't be able to afford to go to a game every week, as I used to in the 60s, at today's prices.

English clubs have an increasing financial advantage over their rivals in Spain,Germany,France and England.

The advantage is growing and it will become massive if it's not already massive

As I've said before, it's going to be at the detriment of the Champions League and Europa League.

Very soon English clubs (in name only) are going to all but dominate in both competitions.

Better viewing when both teams on the park are competitive,rather than the Porto v Liverpool match last season when Porto looked like a team of part time professionals in comparison.

I believe the answer lies in having a maximum limit of non British born players in the team,say set at five. That would defiantly even the competition out,especially in Europe,

English clubs have an increasing financial advantage over their rivals in Spain,Germany,France and England.

The advantage is growing and it will become massive if it's not already massive

As I've said before, it's going to be at the detriment of the Champions League and Europa League.

Very soon English clubs (in name only) are going to all but dominate in both competitions.

I think the likes of Real, Atletico, Barca, Bayern, PSG & Juve might dispute that.