Is it worth changing to DAB car radio .

My FM car radio is showing of on CD player is it worth changing it to a DAB model.

Any info?

You'll probably need to upgrade your aerial too, which can be quite a chore.

You can use a splitter on the normal Ariel, they work pretty well from my experience.

Make sure you get a stereo with bluetooth hands free as well, the fine for being caught on the phone now is steep, less than the cost of actually buying the stereo in the first place!

I upgraded to DAB. Fitted a roof mount aerial. Signal constantly drops out.

most cars built in the last 15 years dont need a new aerial

Got it fitted at Halfords Penistone Road half the price Quoted by a firm at Chapeltown Industrial estate for the same unit ,the fitter was second to none ,brilliant service and the Kenwood unit is spot on ,I can answer my phone play my I player and CDs at the touch of a button ,well done Halfords

I'm not a fan of DAB generally, but if you're replacing the stereo then you might as well get it, if you get one that still has FM as well at least you have the choice if the signal is poor.

I used to lose radio Sheffield on my old F.M. car radio ,in the same spots I now have a clear signal since changing to DAB.

for the price of that, you may aswel buy a head unit.

i got a brand new pioneer one years back for my old clio for that price. had bluetooth/aux-in/USB and DAB all bult in.

still got the unit aswel but got a kenwood touch screen one for my civic which has DVD/Bluetooth/DAB/USB/AUX-IN/Video-IN and optional inputs for reverse camera and sat nav.

Guess it depends on what you listen to - the station the Mrs and I prefer is DAB / online only but thankfully the car has DAB and we can stream it indoors via the AV receiver.

If the aerial doesn't need upgrading and there's not much price difference between FM + DAB and FM only head-units then go for it - some people are not a fan of the "digital sound" but certainly far more stations available with DAB + FM than FM alone.