Microsoft RT Windows .

Is it possible to upgrade my Microsoft Surface Tablet 2 GB on Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 .I am not technically minded so maybe would need some one to do it for me if possible , any help would be appreciated.

nope, sorry, not possible, Windows 10 is not compatible with the CPU it uses....

You won't be able to run anything else on it either:

"With Linux enthusiasts and distro publishers eagerly waiting for a solution to Microsoft’s UEFI SecureBoot, there are those who have already looked at the viability of Linux on Microsoft Surface tablet. Matthew Garrett, a.k.a. UEFI-guru, has revealed that those who are keeping their fingers crossed and hoping to find run Linux on Microsoft’s tablet are on an uphill walk and it doesn’t seem to be an easy one. So why is this? The answer is in the manner in which Microsoft has restricted the Surface from loading non-signed software / binaries by implementing UEFI SecureBoot. Microsoft has loaded its private key instead of the "Microsoft Windows UEFI Driver Publisher" key on the ARM based tablet, which is needed to sign non-Microsoft software like Linux distributions or loaders. So, no publisher key = no signed non-Microsoft binary = no Linux."

:mad:

There is one consolation - Windows 8.1 gets retired in January, 2023 so your tablet is good for a few more years yet.

Edited by swarfendor43

You won't be able to run anything else on it either:

"With Linux enthusiasts and distro publishers eagerly waiting for a solution to Microsoft’s UEFI SecureBoot, there are those who have already looked at the viability of Linux on Microsoft Surface tablet. Matthew Garrett, a.k.a. UEFI-guru, has revealed that those who are keeping their fingers crossed and hoping to find run Linux on Microsoft’s tablet are on an uphill walk and it doesn’t seem to be an easy one. So why is this? The answer is in the manner in which Microsoft has restricted the Surface from loading non-signed software / binaries by implementing UEFI SecureBoot. Microsoft has loaded its private key instead of the "Microsoft Windows UEFI Driver Publisher" key on the ARM based tablet, which is needed to sign non-Microsoft software like Linux distributions or loaders. So, no publisher key = no signed non-Microsoft binary = no Linux."

:mad:

There is one consolation - Windows 8.1 gets retired in January, 2023 so your tablet is good for a few more years yet.

Cheers I love the tablet as it is but would have liked windows 10 if possible the little sod comes up with all sorts of puzzling things on a daily basis to keep me entertained and it seems to be bust proof.

This is the annoying thing about Microsoft constantly moving the goal posts. You never know if their current experimental product is going to be supported in the future. Its why when I got a tablet I was careful to make sure it was x86 based.