Ipswich Town v Sheffield Wednesday 29/04/17

Early thread but all games are very important now.

Ipswich are another bogey team who hopefully we can end the hoodoo of, we have a pretty poor record against McCarthy as well his teams are a bit like Warnocks, crude, in your face football that rattles any team that likes to play. He strangely rested 9 players from the team that beat Newcastle against Rotherham - was he saving them for us??? Hopefully our current form will give us the win to seal a play off berth.

Hard fought 1-2

Need to treat this as another must win game. Any other result and everything could still go pear shaped. Same starting eleven will do for me, get the right result, job done and then Carlos can rest whoever he likes for the Fulham game.

Guest sibon

We haven't won against a Mick McCarthy side since 1647. Time to break that hoodoo.

I disagree with Jim. No resting anyone. Keep on winning. Keep on picking the strongest side. Go into the play-offs with the entire squad trying to get a shirt.

keep winning we can get third, i know it doesnt matter but winning breeds confidence breeds winning

We haven't won against a Mick McCarthy side since 1647. Time to break that hoodoo.

I disagree with Jim. No resting anyone. Keep on winning. Keep on picking the strongest side. Go into the play-offs with the entire squad trying to get a shirt.

Past experience tells me that Carlos will rotate the squad. If I was offering advice l'd probably say the same as you but there's a reason why I'm sat here typing on a forum and Carlos is sat at home plotting a glory day at Wembley (well I hope he is). :)

Another difficult one,let's keep the momentum going and another 3 points,it would be good to win every game till the season ends.

Keep up the good work and we will get the win we all want, if not just match our rivals and we get the same outcome. Would like to keep hold of fourth place as it gives us the second leg at home in the play-offs. Still stand with my prediction that we,ll beat Reading in the final 3-1. Rhodes hat trick.

Edited by ALAN 58

As per Cardiff.

A very difficult game, it always is against McIpswich.

We simply HAVE to win. No iffs, no buts.

I can't see any Wednesday fan wanting our fate to be settled at home against Fulham.

Could we possibly score 3 against Fulham?

I reckon we'd have to, to beat them.

Get it sorted at Ipswich, and reload the energy banks ready for the big push.

A 1-0 win will do me fine.

Match or better Leeds result and its a play off place guaranteed...but what a fantastic turnaround in the last 5 games...and to be fair Fletcher and Reach have shown the form expected of them when they first arrived...big contributions from both of them of late.

It would be nice to have Hutchinson back fit for this game and as others have said,lets make the Fulham game a "dead rubber" by doing the business this weekend.

I don't think we'll need to win, as Leeds won't beat Norwich.

I don't think we'll need to win, as Leeds won't beat Norwich.

Norwich are very inconsistent Andy, lets hope its the good side that turns up.

Guest sibon
Past experience tells me that Carlos will rotate the squad. If I was offering advice l'd probably say the same as you but there's a reason why I'm sat here typing on a forum and Carlos is sat at home plotting a glory day at Wembley (well I hope he is). :)

I guess you are correct:)

There isn't much of a workload left for the players though, the remaining games are well spread out. Still, I'll get on with growing tomatoes and teaching a bit of Chemistry. I'll leave Carlos to the footie stuff.