No risky business from Mr Wilder!

Very encouraging to know that we aren't just going to throw money around. I was a little worried we might get a bit carried away with being promoted. I have every confidence that CW will buy right and not risk our club. Very reassuring. I for one don't want our club to be conned into paying silly wages on over rated players who are only interested in money. Keep the majority of the players - give them a chance, they're worth it.

Sends a clear message to anyone wanting to unload their players on to us.

Well done Mr Wilder.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/sheffield-united-determined-not-to-risk-ruin-by-gambling-with-high-wages-on-championship-return-1-8486521

So the Liverpool rather than Man City is now Lincoln rather than Macclesfield.

That's a little provocative Alan. If we've got the money has described a few years ago, I'd still not want to risk too much, especially in our first season. I think we have to be sensible and not "over spend"

We should invest steadily but not go mad.

Edited by WOSITS NAME

I'd rather us not pay daft money on players who may barely get a game. Been there and done that.

It's a reality check for those daft blades who actually believed that the Bogroll Prince was just waiting to start to put in the infamous "gamechanging investment" until you got to the Championship...

It's a reality check for those daft blades who actually believed that the Bogroll Prince was just waiting to start to put in the infamous "gamechanging investment" until you got to the Championship...

Although the "game changing investment" quote was a little taken out of context, it arguably was a game changer; at least for him and internally behind the scenes.

I think McCabe will look back at that statement "think Liverpool" one and will regret saying this. It does send out the wrong messages to other clubs in terms of them bumping their player transfers fees up. I'm sure he'll have learnt.

We've all said things in the past where others have misunderstood the context - especially Wednesday fans looking into something that wasn't there. I think they were more excited than the Blades fans were, obviously for different reasons.

Although the "game changing investment" quote was a little taken out of context, it arguably was a game changer; at least for him and internally behind the scenes.

I think McCabe will look back at that statement "think Liverpool" one and will regret saying this. It does send out the wrong messages to other clubs in terms of them bumping their player transfer up. I'm sure he'll have learnt.

We've all said things in the past where others have misunderstood the context - especially Wednesday fans looking into something that wasn't there. I think they were more excited than the Blades fans were, obviously for different reasons.

I agree - but I've heard or seen online so many blades who seem absolutely convinced that he'll start to splash the cash once you made it back to the Champ. Where they all got it this from I don't know, but this news will bring them back down to earth.

I'd rather us not pay daft money on players who may barely get a game. Been there and done that.

But If its not your own money and your Chairman wants to spend millions on the best players then some are left out why would you care

Doubt Chelsea Man City Real and Barca have that attitude

I agree - but I've heard or seen online so many blades who seem absolutely convinced that he'll start to splash the cash once you made it back to the Champ. Where they all got it this from I don't know, but this news will bring them back down to earth.

That's because fans think differently to a chairman or manager.

I think it's rather uplifting as opposed to back down to earth.

No one likes to be conned. It's merely good house keeping.

But If its not your own money and your Chairman wants to spend millions on the best players then some are left out why would you care

The Blades are not any of those clubs and we won't be spending like them,Wilder has said so in the OP interview,it looks like there are only Wednesday fans who have a problem with that.

Far too many teams spend beyond their means and have been left screwed over.

Portasmouth as a good example.

I'd rather spend money on players that are needed for a specific position with a specific plan for them.

If we take the Owls for instance, they have signed a number of forwards, all of which haven't exactly performed to the standards you would hope, especially for the money spent on them.

This could be down to any number of reasons, not enough opportunities, money spent in the wrong area of the pitch when sufficient players are already at the club for the positiion they're back-filling, being just 2.

But the Owls also aren't alone in that, that's just the most relevant one.

If we need a CB, I want us to get a CB who will be playing constantly, not a midfielder to try and hide the fact we need a CB.

Far too many teams spend beyond their means and have been left screwed over.

Portasmouth as a good example.

I'd rather spend money on players that are needed for a specific position with a specific plan for them.

If we take the Owls for instance, they have signed a number of forwards, all of which haven't exactly performed to the standards you would hope, especially for the money spent on them.

This could be down to any number of reasons, not enough opportunities, money spent in the wrong area of the pitch when sufficient players are already at the club for the positiion they're back-filling, being just 2.

But the Owls also aren't alone in that, that's just the most relevant one.

If we need a CB, I want us to get a CB who will be playing constantly, not a midfielder to try and hide the fact we need a CB.

But its not beyond Mr Chansiris means and hes made a statement last night saying when he hands the club over to his children he wants to make sure the finances are in order

He said Premier League whatever it takes , If you guys can do it on a budget then fair play to you

Wimbledon et al did ok