Where do you expect the blades to finish in the championship?

You can be a-

ex-pro footballer

season ticket holder

armchair fan

no it all

or just someone with a view

But how do you think the blades will fair next season in the championship?

Maybe higher profile players could come in.

Maybe the prince will splash the cash.

Maybe Wilder will carry on where he keeps getting better as a manager producing the goods as a very good british manager winning things.

My opinion with the going facts that I presume is that a finish in between 5th -10th place finish is where I think they will finish.

Will struggle to stay up unless you buy a few players.

Will struggle to stay up unless you buy a few players.

Where do they have to buy??

Owls spending £millions on players who couldn't score in a brothel.

But yet Huddersfield/reading/leeds doing very very well.

As I said the good thing you need is a good manager who gets his players winning things.

Even on low budgets compared to some.

Don`t you agree?

Guest sibon

I've seen a lot of Championship football and a fair bit of United this season. I don't think you'll do too badly.

I can't see you finishing above any of the relegated clubs, or Leeds, Wednesday, Reading, Derby, Norwich, Villa, Barnsley, Preston or QPR.

So, I'd say your estimate of 5th to 10th is generous, but I don't see you battling relegation either.

I've seen a lot of Championship football and a fair bit of United this season. I don't think you'll do too badly.

I can't see you finishing above any of the relegated clubs, or Leeds, Wednesday, Reading, Derby, Norwich, Villa, Barnsley, Preston or QPR.

So, I'd say your estimate of 5th to 10th is generous, but I don't see you battling relegation either.

:huh:

That's interesting...

... so you're either predicting Huddersfield to get promoted, or to be beaten by Fulham in the playoffs? ;)

Guest sibon
:huh:

That's interesting...

... so you're either predicting Huddersfield to get promoted, or to be beaten by Fulham in the playoffs? ;)

I was predicting Huddersfield to go up, yes.

Fulham are a bit of an odd one, so I left them off my list. You'll also notice a couple of decent sides on my list, who are struggling a bit this year.

Anyway, how about sticking to the topic for a change, eh.

As I said the good thing you need is a good manager who gets his players winning things.

Don`t you agree?

ok on huddersfield, but leeds have been there slightly longer than us, the longer youre there the less major players you need to buy as you have ones already

weve gradually gone up in 6 years since league one, so gradually been getting slightly better championship players each time.

The points not buy or dont buy, EVERY team needs to make the team stronger, its about getting the right players, maybe huddersfield did this? dont think we have tbh, i did say buying rhodes would be a gamble and cos we still arent getting the ball up there mostly, its looking like the gamble failed.

as for united, you have to solidify in the championship, i cant believe anybody would think anything other than bottom half, it is completely different from the tin pot league.

14th-21st

It's a big jump. The league is split into 3 sub leagues and I think united will sit somewhere between the middle and lower sub league.

No doubting they have had a great season and don't take anything away from it. Wilder has found a system for league one. Wigan were champions and look at their current position

Don`t you agree?

That will be the Huddersfield team that we have doubled this season and the Leeds team that we sit a massive 3 points behind.

I suppose that means we are doing very well :thumbsup:

It will be a big step up for all concrened,depends how they recruit over the summer.

First thing theyl need is to update their satnav as some of the grounds will have changed from the last time they played up here!

Theyl struggle with what they have,its a tough league,comes down to how they set up,personally i think theyl struggle on what ive seen of them,for goals especially and at the back.

See what they recruit striker wise.

With the current squad about 11th or 12th.

With two or three subtle signings, maybe United could sneak into the play offs.

Why not? the desire and team spirit is already there for all to see.

There's no rhyme or reason to football. You play well one week and the team fails to show up the following so predicting a season is a tough call. United have had a great season there's no argument there so it bodes well, either way you might get the Sheffield derby back, that always adds a bit of oomph to a season. On current form there's every chance of reaching the play offs, so that's my prediction.